7. Unthankful heart – Ingratitude is a very serious sickness, I believe that it is the root of every sin; it is borne out of a heart that cannot say “Thank You, Father”. Every time you are always reminding God what he has not done, have you thanked him for what he has done? All the things we take for granted are actually thanksgiving points. Do you ever thank God for the breath of life? That you can walk, talk, sit upright without being helped? Ingratitude is a sickness of the heart. Mal. 2:2-3 “… if ye will not hear and if ye will not lay it to heart to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessing … and one shall take you away with it”. Prov. 17:13 gives another dimension to it – those who reward evil for good. “Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house”. Many people bite the fingers that fed them without considering the consequences.
8. Unrighteous judgment – Isa. 1:23-24. Unrighteous judgment is saying that good is evil and evil is good. Those who do things that are politically correct and spiritually wrong must be very careful. It is better to be spiritually right and politically incorrect. There is a curse for those who twist or pervert judgment.
9. Robbing God – Mal. 3:7-9 “… will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation”. The fact that some people are making merchandise of the anointing does not mean that the word of God is untrue. What is written is the revealed will of God and God expects us to tremble at his word; don’t add to it, don’t subtract from it. If there is anybody to rob, must it be God? Take a very critical look at the pronouncements in this scripture. I sincerely appeal to you to pay your tithe to God. This is because in the final analysis, everyone pays tithe; the painful thing is that some people pay the tithe of disobedience to the devourer. Do you know that if you are complete in obedience, your prayer will be answered at the speed of thought? When you make God your partner by paying your tithe, your business will never cease to prosper. Partner with God. Have a personal walk with him, covenant with him – give him his own. Tithe is not really your money. That is why God calls it robbery if you fail to pay your tithe. If you find it difficult to give money, how can you surrender your life to God? This is the reason why a lot of people struggle.
10. Evil ancestral heritage – This is one of reasons why people work so hard with virtually nothing to show for it. When you are born into a family, you are automatically born into the assets and liabilities of that family including the name. Part of the things you are born into is the warfare; the struggles. This is a very serious issue particularly in Africa. Study Exo.20:5, Lam.5:7 and Jer. 32:18 “Thou shewest loving kindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers unto the bossom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts is his name”. A wise person must never hand down an evil inheritance.
11. Pride – Prov. 15:25 “The LORD will destroy the house of the proud: but he will establish the border of the widow”. Pride is a very cheap sin. The reason why God detests pride is because it is the idolatry of self. Pride is trying to play God. There is nothing you have that you have not been given and so if given, why behave as if you are the giver? The world today is full of proud people – “I”, “me”, “myself”, “my own” “my thing” and so on. Every manifestation of pride is a demonstration of deep-seated ignorance. It is one of the things that makes the grace to fail. “… God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble”. James 4:6. Pride blocks the heavens.
12. Hypocrisy – Jer. 49:10. Hypocrisy is pretending to be who you are not; it is trying to use leaf to cover your nakedness. What can you hide from the searchlight of God? Anybody who sincerely wants to experience open heavens must be humble. David was very sincere when he was confronted with his sin – Psa. 51. This is how to enter into the presence of God. You can hide things from man but you cannot hide anything from the Omniscient, Omnipresent God. Tear away the leaf! What is your spiritual countenance in the place of prayer? If your spiritual countenance is not in line with what you are saying, God classifies you as a hypocrite. Whenever you make up your mind to do the right thing, heaven backs you up to fulfil it. The corollary is also true – anytime you make up your mind to do the wrong thing, the devil backs you up with legion of demons to fulfil it. Let us purpose in our hearts to follow God according to his terms, according to his leading and we will see him respond with open heavens and all our blessings that are due will manifest.
Talk to God. What do you need to straighten out? Is there any area where you are still struggling with obedience to the word of God? His instructions are for our good. Is there any way you have broken your vows? Tell God that you are sorry, tell him to have mercy on you and roll away every curse operating in your life that has made your efforts of little effect.
Lord, in your mercy, roll away every curse, even the one I imposed on myself by my wrong actions and by my sins, please, in your mercy, forgive me. Lord, search my heart, you know my thoughts, anything you find there that displeases you, please roll it away and wash me with the precious blood of Jesus. I repent of the sin of idolatry; I acknowledge the sins of my fathers that we sinned against you. Father, are there any among the vanities of the gentiles that can cause rain? Please forgive us, our fathers worshipped other gods and sought for help where there was none. Lord, we repent identificationallly and ask you to blot out this transgression in the name of Jesus Christ.
Begin to release forgiveness to anyone who has ever offended you; call them by name and say ‘you really hurt me, but I cannot afford to hold you in unforgiveness anymore. I forgive you unconditionally; I forgive you because I know that if I don’t, my prayer will be hindered. I am forgiving you unconditionally. I release you in the name of Jesus.
Lord, have mercy on me in any way that I have judged unrighteously, in any way that I have been unthankful, in any way that I have manifested ingratitude, Father, please, forgive me. In any way that I have robbed you in tithes, please forgive me; forgive all my evil ancestral inheritance in the name of Jesus. I am sorry, Lord, forgive my pride, every trace of hypocrisy, please forgive me in the name of Jesus. Thank you, blessed Lord. I plead the blood of Jesus Christ and I appropriate the cleansing ministry of the blood of Jesus upon my heart in the name of Jesus. Thank you, dear Heavenly Father; I appreciate you Lord, blessed be your name in Jesus name.
I raise the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth against any contrary spirit that has hindered my blessings, my answered prayers, my miracles, my joy, my breakthrough, I raise the blood of Jesus against any form of hindrance and I overcome you by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I rebuke you, I bind you, loose your hold over my blessings, loose your hold over my miracles in the name of Jesus.
You spirit of anti-Christ, I overcome you by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, I bind you today and cast you into the abyss, I destroy your works, I terminate your operation in my life, thus far you’ve gone, you go no further. Every spiritual blockade, I command you now be rolled away in the name of Jesus. Every blockade placed on my finances, dissolve and disappear, every blockade to my miracle, dissolve and disappear in the name of Jesus. Every satanic embargo, I command you in the name that is above every other name, be rolled away right now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
I call into speedy manifestation all my miracles, all my delayed blessings, all my joy, all my favour in the name of Jesus Christ.
O God who makes great things happen, I ask for your intervention in my life (mention the areas where you want God to intervene in your life).
Heavenly Father, touch the mountains, let them smoke, undo everything the enemy has done in my life. Lord, manifest your power, magnify your name, demonstrate your power, let your mighty wind of restoration blow, restore every blessing that have been kidnapped, miscarried, delayed or diverted, in the mighty name of Jesus. Let there be full and total restoration in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.