One day as I was preparing to go for service, a brother walked into my house in a very pensive mood and I knew immediately that something was wrong. He told me that his wife was very ill. I dressed up and followed him home and by the time we got there, his wife was sprawling on the floor in a terrible state. Before I left the house, however, in my usual manner, I knelt down in my room and asked the Holy Spirit for guidance and he told me to go and deal with bitterness, so I already had an idea of the root cause of the problem. On seeing her on the floor, I called the woman by name and told her that she was bitter. Her reaction was spontaneous, she started vibrating and tried to sit up saying that every pint of her blood was crying for vengeance. She went on to narrate the issues she was having with her in-laws. I used the scripture above, Heb. 12:15 to counsel her and after a while she started weeping profusely and there and then, I led her to make some confessions. To the glory of God, by the time I was through with her, she was able to get up to see me off. She was completely healed and restored.
Remember that we are not fighting flesh and blood. No matter the hurt, you still have to forgive so that your prayer ‘be not hindered’. Know that it is the devil that is trying to use that person against you. Forgiveness is not a gift that you give to others; it is a gift that you give to yourself. Someone compared unforgiveness with drinking poison while expecting someone else to die.
- Heavenly Father, please help me, anything that can make my prayer not to fly; anything that can hinder your mighty hand from being operational in my life, please, roll it away in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, today, I have learnt that bitterness is not good, I have learnt that unforgiveness is not good, I ask you to help me to release forgiveness towards everyone that has offended me in the name of Jesus. Lord, I forgive them unconditionally (mention their names and forgive them all) and I receive healing, I receive restoration in the name of Jesus.
- Father, please help me to forgive unconditionally, make it impossible for my prayer to be blocked. Let everything the enemy has programmed to block my progress be rolled away in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Lord, grant that I will not be an enemy of my own progress and blessing in the name of Jesus.
- I depend on you to walk with you; help me O God. Grant me the grace to always forgive unconditionally in the name of Jesus. Thank you, Lord, in Jesus name. Amen.