A MESSAGE DELIVERED ON THE 25TH OF DECEMBER, 2021
Isa. 5:11-12 says, “Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands. Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Therefore, hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it”.
Celebrating Christmas without Christ is celebrating the highest level of foolishness, stupidity, folly, and hell.
How to celebrate Jesus Christ
John 14:23, “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” Anyone who loves Jesus Christ;
- Keeps his commands.
Such a person will become a God man, a miracle waiting to happen. The person becomes who God wants him to be. That is the true meaning of being a child of God; a Christian, and a disciplined follower of Jesus Christ. How can you be a true disciple when you find it difficult to obey or you are selective in obedience? Fall in love with him. After the resurrection of Jesus Christ, he asked Peter, “Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?” In order words, do you love me more than your profession? Do you love me more than what you eat? Do you love me more than the accolades of men? Do you really love me? Jesus asked Peter this question three times. It is possible to follow Jesus Christ without loving him. It is possible to climb the ecclesiastical ladder without knowing Jesus. Jesus prayed all through the night before selecting the twelve disciples. If you take your time to study the character of each one of them, you will be amazed.
- Lord Jesus, please help me. I want to fall in love with you over and over again. Help me to get it right today with you in the garden of my heart; to desire you above all else. Help me to be passionate about my relationship with you. I ask you to consolidate me in you.
- I declare that you are the Rock of my salvation, protection, preservation, provision, progression, perfection, and promise. I declare that in you I live and move and have my being. Let your name be magnified.
- I enthrone you as my righteousness. You are my fortress. You are the Lord, strong and mighty. You are the king of glory. Thank you Jesus.
- I put my hand in your hands. I have never walked this path before. Lord, I depend on you. You are the one that will see me through. Where I am weak, please strengthen me. I pray for every weak person, Lord, please help your people to be receptive to your instructions. Let the spirit of conviction flow into the world and draw souls to your kingdom.
- Lord, show us what to drop so that we can smell heaven from here. Thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen
TO BE CONTINUED……….