Every opportunity to come into the presence of God is an opportunity first to straighten out our knowledge of him, our belief system, our walk with him, our revelation of him. The revelation of God that you have determines your walk with him. If you know him, you will fall in love with him. It is not wisdom to think that you can worship God anyhow; anyhow worship is not acceptable to God. It is ignorance that makes people think that they can worship a thrice holy God according to their own whims and caprices and dictates.
Jer. 29:13 says, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” If you give God your one hundred percent attention, when you have handed over everything, the question is not whether Jesus is the Lord but is he the Lord of all? Is he the Lord of only sixty percent? Is he the Lord in all? If he is not the Lord in all, he is not the Lord at all.
God’s standard for our love for him is one hundred percent. It is a command, we don’t really have a choice. As you fast, you need to get it right at the foundation otherwise whatever you do amounts only to hunger strike. The way up in God’s kingdom is not to start piling up or building without paying attention to the foundation. The way up in the kingdom of God is down. It is unfortunate that people are using worldly standards to do God’s work.
There is a way to serve God acceptably. Mean business with your God, don’t look at the direction of any one. It takes humility and brokenness to follow God. Be led by the Holy Spirit if you don’t want to be ensnared. You can only be led if you are humble. Most people in the Church today are so full of self that there is no place for the Holy Spirit to guide them. This is rather unfortunate.
The only person that God cannot help is one who is full of self. Therefore, learn to empty yourself of self in the place of prayer. Every self seeker is a great loser.
- Father, please help me. Show me the areas of my life that I need to straighten out. I empty myself of every contamination, every selfish predisposition, carnality and anything that is capable of derailing your purpose for my destiny, Lord, I drop it.
- I empty myself of self, pride, worldly lusts – lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, pride of life. Lord, I surrender to you, help me to fall in love over and over again with you.
- Make me a God chaser for the rest of my life. Help me to love what you love and to hate what you hate. Help me to drop all the things that I need to drop.
- Sanctify me progressively and remove every banana peel on my destiny path in the name of Jesus.
- Help me to walk uprightly, remove every form of crookedness from me in the name of Jesus. Roll away every serpentine poison and neutralize with the precious blood of your dear Son Jesus Christ every power that is set on my destiny path to derail your purpose, to deceive me. Let that power go into captivity right now in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Let the Holy Ghost take over every facet of my life. Do not allow me, O God, to walk into any trap. Do not allow me, O God, to frolic with contamination from evil in the name of Jesus.
- Do not allow me to be preoccupied with things that are earthbound. Grant me the grace to elevate my pursuits to the highest. You are the one that is the most high, grant me the grace to operate in the highest as I look up to you from whom all blessings flow.
- Guide me, uphold me, deliver me from entering into any open door that you have not ordained in the name of Jesus.
- May I never use worldly means to do your work in the name of Jesus Christ. Help me to break away from the principles of Babylon and to align my will to your purposive will, your will is the best for me.
- Grant me grace to delight in your word in the name of Jesus. Make it impossible for me to walk in the counsel of the ungodly in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I yield to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. I surrender to the leadings, promptings and guidance of the precious Holy Spirit all the days of my life.
- Thank you, Lord, for being there for me. I celebrate you Jesus. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED………