APPLY THE WEAPON OF OBEDIENCE (Cont.)
There is what is called the unified intelligence.
What does it mean?
A perfect God created a perfect environment and placed a perfect man in it with only one command. Man, rather than submit to the will of God, submitted to the will of the snake and when he did, man’s will became unified with that of the snake; man’s intelligence became unified with the intelligence of the snake. This is what is called the unified intelligence. Every man has it. That is the reason why man finds it difficult to do the things that he wants to do but instead he does things that will hurt him. This is also the reason why man disputes the word of God; he sets aside the will of God to do his own will knowing that his will is unified with that of the snake. But glory to God who has made a way of escape for man by sending His Son Jesus Christ who said my meat is to do the will of my Father. Jesus submitted His own will to the point of dying on the cross. What we lost in the first Adam was restored to us by the second Adam, Jesus Christ. Whosoever deliberately yields his will to the will of the second Adam will be saved from the unified intelligence that man acquired when he fell. It is only in Christ that the unified intelligence can be removed. For without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin.
The blessings of Obedience
your victory in spiritual warfare is not dependent on your spiritual gymnastics or the number of days you set aside to fast. Some prayer and fasting are useless if you are not complete in obedience; there is a level of victory you cannot attain until you are complete in obedience. Certain spiritual battles will become unnecessary if we can agree with God and walk in obedience. Your obedience magnifies your God connection and automatically positions you for higher realm of victory. When you apply the supernatural weapon of obedience, you will become a dangerous person.
Exo. 23:19-33 – If you want God to take over your battles and deal with that stubborn situation, then be complete in obedience. Your blessing is behind the door of obedience. God gave Jesus as His first fruit and that is why nobody can fight Christianity. Notice that every first born in the Bible that was not dedicated to God eventually became a problem: Cain, Esau and Ishmael. Take note that your first fruit is not limited to money; it is your habit of placing God first in every area of your life. Anything that fights you when you are complete in obedience will come in head-on collision with God. If you want anything to be enhanced, hand it over to God. Whatever you hand over to Him does not diminish. When you allow God to come in by taking over, He will protect, preserve, multiply and perfect.
Jonah paid the fare of disobedience that took him to the belly of a whale where he learnt wisdom. God has all it takes to compel you to obey Him but He would rather you exercise your will. If you are strict with obedience, some prayers will become unnecessary and your obedience will bring to rest some unnecessary expenditure.
The greatest partnership that will add value to your life is partnership with divinity. Don’t read the Bible with supermarket mentality, read it with hunger to do His will. The blessings of obedience are boundless.
Deut. 28:1-14 – all the blessings as enumerated in this scripture is predicated on simple obedience. 1 Sam. 15:14-15 – God gave a specific instruction to Saul to utterly destroy Amalek but Saul decided to be selective in obedience to the word of God. When Samuel challenged him, he responded that he had carried out God’s instructions. However, Samuel told him ‘but I can hear the voice of disobedience’. Disobedience has excuses; it has a voice. It cost Saul his throne. Disobedience de-robes; it demotes, dethrones and eventually destroys. Saul refused to destroy Amalek completely and coincidentally; it was an Amalekite that eventually killed him. Whenever God gives you an instruction, recognize that He knows better than you; He has seen the end from the beginning. It was a Babylonian garment of disobedience caused the defeat of Israel during the battle of Ai. Disobedience can be very costly. Many defeats are caused by it. The reason a lot of issues linger is because people are not walking according to the instructions of God. God is the greatest mentor. Your mentor is one whose instructions you have deliberately decided to take. Jesus showed us how to be complete in obedience.
God treats disobedience the same way He treats witchcraft. In the final analysis, every act of disobedience is witchcraft. A lot of people fly on the wings of deception, lying, stealing, backbiting, malice etc, yet they pray against witches. Anytime you are attacked after making serious warfare declarations, take time to look inwards. Ask yourself some basic questions: where am I not complete in obedience? Who am I holding in unforgiveness? When you are complete in obedience, you will see God move.
In what areas of your life are you struggling to obey God? The Bible, in Isaiah 1:19-20, says, “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land … for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it”. Read Job 36:10-12. Yield your will to the will of God; admit that His will is best for you and there will be a supernatural release. There is an anointing that can never rest upon you until your obedience is complete. Take note that obedience is not limited to the written Word; you must be sensitive to the leadings and promptings of the Holy Spirit as well.
- Lord, nothing is hidden from You, I lay my life bare before You, look into my record; where I have not measured up in obedience, please have mercy on me; forgive me and help me not to struggle to obey You in the name of Jesus. Grant me the grace to yield my will to Your will, make my obedience to be complete. Help me to willing and obedient so that I can eat the good of the land in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, help me to cease from rationalizing disobedience in any area of my life and empower me to take the right decisions that will bring your blessings to come upon my life supernaturally. Empower me to delight in doing Your will always so that Your purpose may be fulfilled in every area of my life.
- Heavenly Father, enlarge my coast and let the blessings of obedience follow me everywhere I go in the name of Jesus. Make it impossible for me to be an enemy of myself, of my miracle or blessings. Let the supernatural blessings that come with obedience come upon me to remove the mountains and address every stubborn challenge that has ever faced me in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, help me to be spiritually sensitive, mentor me so that I will always operate above only and never beneath. Help me never to silence your voice; help me to celebrate Your mentorship, quicken my mind, give me the right sensitivity; help me to be sensitive to Your leadings and Your promptings and grant me the grace to walk with You. Help me to obey You comprehensively. Thank You Holy Spirit in Jesus Name.
- Lord, this day, I cease from struggle and I enter Your rest, let Your perfect will be established in every facet of my life, thank You Lord, in Jesus name. Amen.