- Holy Spirit as a Person, has will or volition of his own. And because he is a very gentle spirit, he does not struggle with your will. Once you decide to use your will to override what he is doing, he will leave. He is a gentle spirit and will not struggle with your will. He does not only have a will, he has emotion, so it is possible for you to grieve him. Eph. 4:30, “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” You grieve the Holy Spirit when you do things that displease him; he never imposes his will on anybody. That is the reason why a lot of people think that grace is a licence to do whatever you like. That is a lie. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of grace and true grace enables you to live soberly, it enables you to be temperate. It is the Holy Spirit that gives you temperance which is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. You cannot get it from elsewhere and if you don’t have temperance, you cannot manage family finance properly; money that is supposed to be an enabling grace becomes an issue. You can also quench the Holy Spirit. ( see 1 Thes 5:19)
You need to understand that you can not be frolicking with nonsense and be led by the Holy Spirit; you cannot be wining and dining with pigs and still be led by the Holy Spirit. There are some environments where a child of God must not be comfortable in. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of sanctification. Your lifestyle is your greatest gospel; be careful.
The Holy Spirit has a will of his own; he has a separate personality from God the Father and God the Son, though one with the Father and the Son, he has a distinct personality. Matt. 3:15-17, “And Jesus answering said unto him, suffer it to be so now: for thus is becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: and lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” It is to the benefit and blessing of all believers to know that the Holy Spirit is God but he is also a person who lives within us; a gift from the Godhead to give us life, strength and victory in all aspect of our lives.
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of comprehensive success. When all is said and done, there cannot be comprehensive success without the Holy Spirit.
- Celebrate the Holy Spirit, appreciate God, thank him, give him praise, give him adoration.
- Father, I am grateful, thank you for your faithfulness, thank you for being my guide. Thank you for the precious Holy Spirit that you have placed in us to guide us, to enable us, to strengthen us, to counsel us, to teach us and to shield us from every attack of the evil one and to lead us safely to our eternal abode in heaven. Thank you blessed Lord, I thank you blessed Holy Spirit.
- As I continue in this journey, help me to walk more and more with you in the name of Jesus. Help me to depend on you, help me to depend on your leading, on your guidance, on your counsel on your empowerment and on your wisdom.
- Fill me with life and power and send me out there to manifest Christ. Flow through me so that when people see me, they will see Jesus in me. Thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus name. Amen.