“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty”.Psalm 91:1 KJV
The word ‘dwelleth’ in Hebrew is ‘Yashab’ (yāšaḇ) which means to dig in, to remain and refuse to quit. A lot of people are quitters. Don’t be a quitter. Dig in into God. If you believe that God has failed you, who else can help you? Of course, God never fails. You need to look inwards to see where you failed. When people fail, they start asking the question – ‘where is God?” This is one of the attributes of disconnection.
The scripture says he that dwelleth, not he that visits! One of the reasons why a lot of prayers are not answered is uncommitted heart. If you are looking for a God to use, it can never be the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. We need to repent and change our attitudes especially towards the things of God so that we can make the most of the blessings God says will come to us supernaturally. Study the entire Psalm and you will see the blessings of God’s presence.
It is the presence of God that guarantees safety; safety is not the absence of danger. It is the presence of God in the midst of it. That is why the Psalmist in Psalm 23:4 says, “Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”.
How many people can say this today? If you correct people today, they will take offence and turn their back on you and go to where they cannot be corrected. The true Church of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is built on the foundation of righteousness, holiness and the wisdom of God. May God establish every one of us and give us the right spirit in the name of Jesus.
Never you allow anyone who cannot correct you when you err to be your pastor. He is not your pastor. Where is the rod? What is the job of the rod? The rod is for correction. If the rod and the staff do not comfort you, then check yourself. Your response to instructions determines whether you are a wise person or a foolish person. The instructions you obey determine the future you create.
Every tragedy in life is traceable to an instruction not obeyed. Today, a lot of people are looking for a ‘God of miracle’ who they can partially obey and command to bless them. God cannot bless a person who is in partial obedience because partial obedience is partial disobedience which is absolute disobedience. Certain levels of divine intervention cannot happen until your obedience is complete. May we not bring God to our own level instead of stretching to His.
- Lord, please help me. Where I need to make amends, help me to imbibe the right attitude that will accelerate my walk with you in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Remove every toxic spiritual attitude that I may have internalized. Anything that can hinder your move in my life, Lord, let it be far from me.
- Grant me grace to walk with you. Help me to accept your instructions of wisdom and to celebrate your word and to magnify your name.
- Let me say like your pattern Son, “my meat is to do the will of my Father”. Help me o God to be humble enough to accept instructions and to obey them in the name of Jesus.
- Help me to accept corrections and to make amends that it might be well with me in the name of Jesus.
TO BE CONTINUED.