Dealing with Unforgiveness (cont.)
Pray – Lord, I ask for grace that will enable me grow in Your knowledge and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Father, please release this grace upon me and let every agent of stagnation dissolve and disappear. Help me to grow in leaps and bounds until I become all that you want me to be in the mighty name of Jesus.
Matt. 16:18 – this is the mandate that we have for confronting the gates of hell. We have a mandate that Jesus will build His Church and the gates of hell shall never prevail against us, against our homes and ministry. It takes revelation knowledge to understand that lying is a gate of hell. If there is anything that will sentence the Church-going Christian to hell most, it is the gate of unforgiving spirit. Unfortunately, it is so common.
Matt.18:34 “And his lord was wroth and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due to him”. The worst thing that can happen to anyone is to fall into the hand of their enemies. Pray – Father, make it impossible for me to be a victim in the hands of my enemies; make it impossible for me to fall into the hands of my enemies in the name of Jesus.
I believe that ‘tormentors’ here refer to demonic spirits. You can imagine what it means for one to be handed over to demonic spirits. Tormentors are generators of torments; their job is to torture. Practically, nothing depicts the picture above like cancer. There is a close relationship between unforgiving spirit and cancer; this has been proven.
We have seen from the scriptures that bitterness has roots and it is these roots that produce defilement according to Heb. 12:15 “whereby many be defiled”. Take heed lest you fall out of grace. It is very possible for somebody to fall out of grace and one of the things that can cause this is to allow the root of bitterness to spring up in order to bring defilement. That is the reason why this message started with prayer for grace. If you don’t deal with it from the root, it will fester.
One of the reasons why it is difficult to treat cancer is because there is a spiritual dimension to it. In this ministry, we have recorded tremendous healing miracles after the condition of forgiveness was met. If you want a miracle, the first thing you need to do is to meet the condition that will produce that miracle and one of such condition is forgiveness. An unforgiving heart cannot receive. This is one of the things that neutralize Christian effort very cheaply.
The Effects of true Forgiveness
This includes but not limited to: –
- Miraculous healings
- Classical deliverances
- Marvellous restorations
- Peace of mind
- Joy unlimited
- Full restoration with man and God – if you fulfil this condition, there will be an acknowledgment from heaven.
In any situation where you find it difficult to release forgiveness, it is advisable to pray for grace to do so. Receive the grace and begin to forgive your enemies one by one now in the name of Jesus.
- From the depth of my heart, I forgive (mention the name of the person/s). I proclaim that my heart shall not grow bitterness towards you again, never again, in the name of Jesus.
- Place your right hand on your heart and say ‘Father, I confess that I was wrong in holding (mention the person’s name) in unforgiveness, please forgive me in the name of Jesus.
- With your hand still on your heart, proclaim that ‘I plead the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth over my heart and uproot every trace of bitterness, I uproot every trace of resentment in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Let the blood of Jesus Christ cleanse my heart from any bitterness and any defilement as a result of unforgiving spirit in the name of Jesus.
- I re-dedicate my life to Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God and I proclaim that through your death, burial and resurrection, all my sins are forgiven. I thank You Jesus.
- In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I bind you unforgiving spirit and I cast you into the abyss, I destroy your works, I terminate your operation. Thus far you come, you go no further. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, God’s Son, I bind you spirit of bitterness and I cast you into the abyss, I destroy your works and terminate your operation in Jesus name. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I bind you spirit of resentment, I cast you into the abyss and I destroy your works, I forbid your operation in any area of my life, thus far you come, you go no further. I raise the blood of Jesus Christ against you forever, in Jesus Name.
- Now, I command full restoration of whatsoever unforgiving spirit has delayed or tampered with in my life. Call them into manifestation. I command full restoration in the powerful name of Jesus.
- Lord, I thank You for Your mercy, thank You for Your goodness, thank You for Your faithfulness and the generous provisions You have made for my well being here and hereafter. Glory to Your name, honour to Your name in Jesus name. Amen.
- Expect your miracle!