“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”(Gen 1:28). Power for dominion was given to man at creation in Eden but man lost it when he disobeyed; he lost the anointing for dominion in Eden but God in his loving kindness restored it again to man through his only begotten son, Jesus Christ. You must be complete in obedience this year. If the Holy Spirit knows that you are not going to obey the signal he is going to give you, he will withhold it, if he knows that you are going to be partial in obeying the signal he gives you, then he will withhold it from you. You must keep pace with the move of the Holy Spirit this year; where he moves, you move, where he stops, you stop. That is where protection is, that is where provision is and that is where your promotion will come from. May God create a hunger in your heart for the things of God that nothing else can satisfy, in the name of Jesus.
God wanted man to have comprehensive dominion.Through his sovereign will, he gave Adam a mandate but because Adam did not place value on his relationship with God, he threw away the mandate like Esau and the devil collected it. This is where the law of attention comes in. Anything you don’t value will walk away to where it is celebrated. God gave man comprehensive dominion. A perfect man in a perfect environment created by a perfect God and given only one instruction, which he could not keep.
Exo. 9:13-16 – God has raised you for a purpose. For every Pharaoh, there is a Moses and for every Goliath, there is a David. Who is your pharaoh?
How do you confront Pharaoh?
- Rise up early in the morning. Vs. 13. Start the day with God. Start having what I call ‘early morning conference’ with Jesus. Encounter God first thing every morning, it is part of your first fruit. This is one of the things that will tell God that you have placed him first in your life. God is interested in where you place him in your heart. If you relegate him to the background, you will become a background. Those who must overthrow pharaoh are those who place God first. When you place God first, he takes over the battle. You cannot overthrow pharaoh in your own strength. Vs. 16 – God wants his power to show through you so that the world will bow, he wants to make his name great through you but he can’t do it if you put self before him. Ask yourself ‘where is God in the scheme of things in my life?’ The power of God can never flow through anybody who is full of self. Before you can dethrone pharaoh, you must dethrone self and enthrone God. Those who will dethrone pharaoh must learn to say what God says. When you say, “thus says the Lord”, you are no longer the one speaking, it has all the authority of divinity. You must therefore know what God says in order to speak the word of God to pharaoh. If your evangelism is not by power, you need to come up. Power evangelism is it. That is why you need to be comprehensively empowered. You must receive strategy from God, don’t go in your own power.
- You must understand that pharaoh never lets his captive go without being subdued. It is through the greatness of the power of God that the enemy will bow. psalm 66:3 “through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee”. This year, you must open your mouth and speak, say to the mountain, ‘you must move’. There is no dominion until you have confronted pharaoh. Unfortunately, the Church today, is using a wrong strategy to confront pharaoh, the strategy of compromise. Evil is intrinsically, irreversibly, desperately and irredeemably wicked and until you understand this, you may want to negotiate. Take a cue from Israel if you want to know how to deal with Egypt. The Church, which is supposed to be the spiritual Israel, is not learning from Israel. Every handshake with the snake produces demotion, death and ultimate destruction. Anybody who is carrying a contrary spirit and not comprehensively delivered can be used against a child of God. One area where we must admit that the Church has gone cold is in the area of personal evangelism. God is saying I want to evangelize though you and he wants that evangelism to start from your Jerusalem. Where is your Jerusalem? Your home, your family. Begin with prayer; begin to present them to God. This is how to control the spirit. Pharaoh is not just an ordinary person but an institution, a principality, a one-man concentration of evil altars; all the powers in Egypt are concentrated on him. Until you dethrone your pharaoh, you will not have dominion over your environment. When you move into a new environment, all the powers in that environment are on the alert, asking ‘who is coming?”. How can you dominate an environment you have not properly discerned? If you fail to discern, you cannot disarm. When people are in darkness, they hug their enemies and fight those whom God has ordained to bring them out of the pit.
- For you to have dominion over pharaoh, you need to crush the power base. Exo. 9:17-18. The place of prayer is the place where the power base of evil forces is first and foremost crushed. The wicked are in power but we have a mandate to take the wicked power of the wicked away from them. Psa. 37:35-36. Absolute power belongs to God and this power can only be accessed through Christ.
- John 1:12 “but as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”. You must receive him in order to receive power, power for sonship. The greatest thing anybody can be is to be like Christ. Matt. 28:18, Luke 10:19 – we have power over all the power of the enemy.
The dictionary meaning of dominion is ‘right to rule’, put in another way, it means mandate to rule. We have the mandate to rule, that is why wicked powers will never have dominion over us in Jesus name.
- I have the mandate to rule, that is why no wicked power will ever rule over me. Anywhere I appear, wicked powers will bow before the power of the Almighty. No evil power will be able to operate anywhere I appear because I belong to Jesus, because Jesus has given me power to become the son of God, anywhere I appear wicked powers will be incapacitated; evil powers will be demobilized in the name of Jesus.
- No power either in flesh or out of it can stop me from fulfilling the purpose of God in my life in the name of Jesus. This year, I proclaim, I am going to walk in the fullness of dominion, in the fullness of the power and authority that Jesus Christ has given me. I have power, I have authority, I am walking in dominion over sin, over self, over satan and all his works, and all his agents, and all his principalities and all his demons and rulers of darkness of this world. I have comprehensive dominion over sickness, over disease, over death and over hell. I have comprehensive dominion over poverty, over scarcity, over lack. I have comprehensive dominion as I go out and as I come in, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I lift the banner of the Lord; I fly the banner of the Lord. It is a banner of comprehensive dominion. From January to December, every moment, every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month and everywhere, I have comprehensive dominion.
- I declare that I am light, anywhere I appear, darkness must disappear in the name of Jesus.
- I come in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth against you pharaoh, your time is up; let my people go, be overthrown in the name of Jesus. Be stripped of your powers in Jesus name. I raise the blood of Jesus Christ against you pharaoh and I overcome you by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony. I declare my eternal dominion over you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Now, address the specific pharaoh that has terrorized you over the years, mention them one by one and exercise dominion over them. Dethrone any power that is working against the purpose of God in your life, in Jesus name. Amen.