5. We have been empowered to be adopted as sons. This was the intention of God when he sent his Son. The whole package is to ‘make’. The world’s definition of love is very shallow. If you want to know the truth, go to the word of God. John 17:17 says “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth”. What is the true definition of love? After God created a perfect environment, he said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness”. Herein lies the true definition of love. This is the greatest expression of love. True love makes; true love uplifts. True love takes you from zero to hero. True love ennobles. True love transforms. True love beautifies. True love empowers. The reason why the devil hates man so much is because what he wanted to be; what he nurtured in his mind which made him to lose his position in heaven was what God decided to give to man freely. However, if you don’t appreciate what God has done, it will take a walk. This is called the law of attention – anything you have that you don’t place enough value on will take a walk and go to where it will be celebrated. Every misplacement is as a result of lack of attention and the greatest problem of man today is misplacement of value. John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”. Our salvation cost God his best. If you love, giving will come naturally. The greatest thing you can give is your life. The carnal man cannot give love. You cannot give what you don’t have. When God says don’t frolic with unbelievers he already knows that an unbeliever will diminish you. It is not only in marriage that we should not be unequally yoked! In a recent conversation with God, he told me that if we can spend time to teach people to love him, we would make better disciples. The greatest need of the Church today is discipleship. Where are the disciplined followers of Jesus? Jesus was desperately in love with his Father and that was why he could not disobey God’s instructions. He said, “My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work”. John 4:34. If you love God, believing will be easy; there is no need for anybody to teach you holiness, grace or faith because grace will flow naturally. Faith will flow naturally because faith is trusting God no matter what. True faith is placement of value on our relationship with God; true faith is acting on the word of God; true faith is forsaking all, I trust you. There will be no need for anyone to coerce you to give; giving will become a thing of joy. Until you devalue, you don’t disobey. It was because Eve devalued the word of God that she elevated the word of the snake above the word of God. Check yourself. Where are you missing it? Do you really love God? God’s standard for love is with all your heart. Why did God decide to make sons out of us? God decided to raise us to the status of sonship because sons have inheritance and inheritance is either through birth or adoption. We are adopted to have inheritance through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son. This inheritance is because of relationship. 1 Cor. 2:9 says “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him”.
6. We have access to God. Luke 23:45, Heb. 10:19-20. The veil of separation has been torn, now we can enter. Your greatest asset is your access. If you can gain access, then you can enter and take delivery of your destiny package. The worst thing that can happen to anybody is to be stopped at the gate.
7. We have been divinely empowered to have dominion over satan. Col. 1:13, Rev. 12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death”. The blood of the Lamb was shed on the cross. The blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the blood of comprehensive dominion over satan. Dominion is through your connection to the Lamb.
8. We have been divinely empowered to have dominion over death. John 3:14, Heb. 2:14-15 “For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same, that through death, he might destroy him that had power of death, that is the devil and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage”. One of the things that people fear most is death. Deliverance from the bondage of the fear of death is through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
9. We have been divinely empowered to have dominion over hell (which is the second death). Rev. 20:6 “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years”.
10. We have been divinely empowered to have dominion over oppression and the oppressor. 1 John 4:4, Isa. 54:17 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD”.
TO BE CONTINUED.