LIFTING THE BANNER OF THE LORD SAY ”NO” (PART 3) CONCLUSION
In conclusion, Jesus said “No” when the Jews came to make him their king so that he can be multiplying bread and fish for them. But he escaped because he has learnt to say “No”. If you have not learnt to say “No” to anything that is contrary to the perfect will of God in your life, you have missed it, you are not ready to be a disciple. It is not every open door that is God’s door, some are satan’s trap. If God is not in it, you have no business being in it, you are on your own if you go there. One of the prayers which anyone who wants to seriously walk with God should be praying regularly is “God, this step that I am about to take, if you are not going with me, stop it; I want to be at the centre of your will for my life”. When you get to this level in your relationship with God, heaven will clap for you.
One of the greatest Christian philosophers and teachers, A. W. Tozer, said, “The weakness of so many modern Christians is that they feel too much at home in the world. In their efforts to achieve restful ‘adjustments’ to unregenerate society, they have lost their pilgrim character and became an essential part of the very moral order against which they are sent to protest. The world recognizes them and accepts them for what they are. And this is the saddest thing that can be said about them. They are not lonely but neither are they saints”.
- Father, I thank you, I adore you, thank you for so much grace, thank you for the grace that brings salvation to man. Thank you for your love that secured this. Lord, I celebrate you, I thank you for your faithfulness, I thank you for not leaving me in the dark, you have given me joy that is able to produce transformation in my life and made me not just to believe right but to live right.
- Lord, I ask that you straighten every error and every misrepresentation of your word in my heart. I ask that you empower me with a special anointing to stand where you stand, to love what you love, to hate what you hate and to flee from every appearance of evil in the name of Jesus. Make me a worthy ambassador of your dear Son, Jesus Christ. Create in me a pure heart and bestow upon me the grace to walk hand in hand with you, in Jesus name. I ask that you make me all you want me to be in the name of Jesus. Through you, I shall do valiantly. Thank you mighty God. You have gone to prepare a place for me so that where you are, there I will also be. Help me, Lord, to finish well and to finish strong and enter my allotted inheritance in you. When you look down upon me, Lord, let your face beam with joy in the name of Jesus.
- Wherever I have compromised your standard in holiness, in righteousness and in wisdom, I ask that you have mercy on me. Wherever I am facing pressure, Lord, I ask that you lift me from where I am, give me the inner strength that only you can give, in the name of Jesus. May I say “No” to every appearance of evil. Help me never to sell my birthright, in the name of Jesus. Thank you, blessed Lord.
- Father, make it impossible for my conscience to be bought, make it impossible for my conscience to be seared. Make it impossible for me to compromise. Grant me the grace O Lord, to say “No” where I should say “No” and to be all that you want me to be and accomplish all that you want me to accomplish. Thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, deliver your Church from error, deliver your church from false doctrines, let your Church return to sound doctrines that produce true Christians that have learnt to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passion in the name of Jesus. Help your Church O God to raise Christians that say “No” to every ungodliness and worldly passion. Thank you, Lord.
- Heavenly Father, grant that no one associated with this Fellowship will compromise, grant that no member will lower the standard of the word of God, no matter the pressure. None of those under pressure will crucify Christ a second time in the name of Jesus. Lord, help us to be people who lift up your banner in holiness and in truth. Help us to be worthy Christians who live according to your word, in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.