3. Throw away your idols. You must throw away your idols. Anything you place side by side God in your heart is an idol. Every trace of idolatry is a demonstration of gross darkness. According to the Living Bible, you must come to a point where God becomes your treasure. Make God your focus; fall in love with God. Enthrone God as the centre of gravity of your life. You cannot serve God and mammon. Jesus said “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light”. Matt. 6:22. This is one of the reasons why you cannot be all over the place; here and there and still be light. Idolatry is a very expensive venture. I was once given the mandate to pray for Holy Ghost baptism for some people about twenty years ago and among the people was an occultist who eventually gave his life to Christ. After a while, he invited us to his home in order to destroy the idols he had accumulated over the years. We made a bonfire of the idols but whenever we picked an item to throw into the fire, the man will scream and even asked us not to touch some of the items while explaining their importance to us. Of course, everything was burnt. Later on, the man explained to us that the day his occultic items were burnt was the first day he had a good sleep in his house in a very long time. The greatest problem of Nigeria is idolatry; corruption is only a symptom.
4. Ascend to sitting together. It is not automatic, the steps are progressive; they are iterative steps. You must ascend and sit together with Christ in the heavenly places because what you are dealing with is serious. That is why you cannot jump the other steps to come to ascending. Many people leave the priesthood ministry of intercession to go straight to the kingship ministry. This is wrong.
5. Let the Sprit move. Rom. 8:26-28 “Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered … according to his purpose”. If you have ever been baptized in the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues, this is the time to deploy it; this is the time to unleash the power. This is because at times, you don’t really know what to pray. When you pray in tongues, you pray the will of God; the power of God will be released. When you pray in tongues, you pray the wisdom of God. The problem with many people is that they pray in tongues for a very short period. By the time they are supposed to break into the spirit realm, they had already stopped praying. When you pray in tongues for hours, you will be caught up in another realm. Get into the level of the supernatural; pray into it. When you get into that realm, every mountain will dissolve and disappear and the Holy Spirit Himself will give you the right command to make. When you release that command, there will be light, there will be transformation, there will be a change.
6. Spiritual legislation. Where the word of a kings is, there is power. When you have climbed the steps enumerated above, the next thing is to get into spiritual decrees according to the word of God in Job 22:28 “Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways”. If light is not shining, it is because you have not been decreeing. After you decree, there will be light. Get into spiritual legislation in your environment and in your office. Don’t allow your godless boss to mesmerize you. You don’t have to bow to any evil altar in order to get promotion. If God is not leading you, your legislation will not fly. However, when God is leading you, not even the sky will be your limit.
7. Be a soul winner. Win souls. Don’t allow this year pass away without you winning a soul. Make yourself relevant. This ministry has a mandate to win ten million souls, be a part of it. Point people to Christ. “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever”. Dan. 12:3. Soul winning makes you shine. Heaven rejoices when you win a soul. It is not really difficult; just share your personal testimony. Heaven is real; hell is real. Every decision you make either takes you closer to heaven or to hell. Nobody stumbles into heaven by chance.
8. Be a worshipper. This is what binds everything together. The word worship is derived from the English word ‘worthship’. It is placement of value. Place value on your relationship with God. Make God your focus and you will become a focus. Be a God-chaser. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”. Matt. 6:33. You must be so desperately in love with God that the idea of substituting that love for anything else does not even remotely exist. That is what it means to be a worshipper. God does not give greedy people a blank cheque. Solomon offered one thousand burnt offerings and God visited him in the night with a blank cheque. If God pays you a visit tonight, what will you ask?
TO BE CONTINUED.