CELEBRATING THE PRECIOUS HOLY SPIRIT IV (WHY SPEAK IN TONGUES?) (CONCLUSION)
- It is the release of positive emotion. Too many Christians seek to completely deny or suppress their emotion as though there were something evil or sinful about emotional expression. This is not so. We are emotive beings. God made us that way. In order for us to function fully, there must be emotional expression from time to time. One thing I don’t know how to do is to pretend to be what I am not and that has helped me. I like being with people who don’t suppress their emotion, they are better than those who do and pretend that all is well when it is not. They kill themselves inside because they are like a volcano about to erupt and when they do, you will be amazed because such people are usually very quiet, very gentle, you won’t know that they are suppressing so many things. The Holy Spirit allows you, when you speak in tongues, you let out – you let out your emotions out and that is part of the things that bring the peace. There is a release of positive emotion, not negative. May the Lord help us for the rest of our lives to make the most of this in the name of Jesus.
Let it be part and parcel of your desire. Be passionate about it because what you passionately desire is what you attract. The Lord will bless you as you do so. The more you speak, the more you flow, the more you are built up, the more you grow in fellowship with God, the more you grow in the revelational knowledge of him, the more the grace (there is growth in grace), the more you grow in grace because the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of grace.
May the Lord help you and make you a vessel of honour, a consecrated worshipper in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Lord I thank you. For the rest of my life, help me to know you more, help me to be a consecrated worshipper. Help me to walk hand in hand with you so that your purpose will be established in every facet of my life. I ask you to guide me by the skillfulness of your hand every inch of the way to my allotted inheritance in you. Empower me by your spirit so that I will be all that you want me to be and so that I can walk in the fullness of your Spirit in the name of Jesus.
- Help me to completely depend on you so that the fullness of the blessings you have ordained for those that completely depend on you will flow ceaselessly in every facet of my life.
- Help me to manifest Christ more than I have ever manifested in the name of Jesus. Help me to know you more. Open my eyes to behold wondrous things.
- As I pray in tongues, let mountains move. Draw me closer to a deeper fellowship with you in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit divine, I declare that I belong to you forever. Seal me with the perfect seal of God unto redemption in the name of Jesus. Thank you blessed Holy Spirit. I worship you, in Jesus name. Amen.