2019 OPERATION 18-18 (DAY 7) – CELEBRATING THE WORD OF GOD A(II)
Knowledge is what separates darkness from light; knowledge of light will drive away darkness from your heart. It is very easy to get into darkness especially when you start looking in the wrong place. You must not be part of those who celebrate darkness. Dare to be separate so that you can shine. All that is required for a thick darkness to dispel is a flicker of light.
John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.” God is a giver; he is generous and the greatest thing he can give is what he has given already. He gave us his Son so that we can be saved. This is the time to celebrate what God has done. It is a time to celebrate the package of salvation that God has given to mankind. It is the time to thank God for counting us worthy to be saved. It is the time to celebrate the wonderful gift that God has given us.
QUALITIES OF THE WORD OF GOD
- The Holy Spirit is the author of the Word of God – the written Word and the incarnate Word. 2 Tim. 3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” The written word is given by the life of God; the Holy Spirit is the spirit of light. The Holy Spirit gave us the word so that we might be permanently connected to God and to enable us to do his will. The word of God is the revealed will of God; he gave us his son to show us how to live in a world that is full of darkness. God is a giver and has continued to give to make us all he wants us to be. His giving is always born out of love; love to make. The true meaning of love can be found in Genesis 1; in the creation of man, “let us make man in our image, after our likeness”. Anyone who claims to love you and is not pulling you up to be what God wants you to be does not really love you. Parents should take note of this because most parents have spoilt their children due to wrong definition of love. The love that does not rebuke nonsense is lust; love that does not chastise nonsense is failure ab initio. True love goes out of its way to do that which is right and to show it and enforce it; enforcement of order, enforcement of righteousness, enforcement of right living, enforcement of compliance to the word of God which is the will of God because anything not born out of the will of God cannot be blessed by God. It is so easy to think you love when you don’t. True love goes out of its way to ensure that things are in order. The word of God is given for:
- Doctrine – doctrine is instructions and principles of God. The word of God is given to help us behave well.
- Reproof – rebuke wrong behaviour and conduct. Today, there is no more rebuke in homes and even in Churches. The Bible says open rebuke is better than secret love. The Bible admonishes us to rebuke openly so that others may learn. Many Pastors find it difficult to rebuke their congregation. This is one of the reasons why the Church is fast losing its relevance and this should be a major concern of many general overseers who are more concerned with building biggest cathedrals. The Holy Spirit ministered to me that the greatest corruption is found in the biggest cathedrals. Pastors have plenty of work to do!
- Correction – foolishness is bound in the heart of a child but the rod of correction will drive it away.
- Instruction in righteousness – righteousness is righteous living; right relationship with God. That is what the Church should be doing. You celebrate the word through doctrine; ensuring that people align with it. Rebuke – correct nonsense; don’t deodorize it. The sin you fail to judge will judge you; the evil you fail to dismantle will eventually consume you. The Church is upside down today because the Church is failing in its responsibilities. Where are the teaching priests? There are very few teaching priests in holiness, in righteousness, in wisdom and in the demonstration of the power of the Holy Ghost. If you fail to correct, you don’t love. The greatest gift God gave to the world is his Word; the world is celebrating Christmas but not the word of God. They want to throw away the word; the word is no longer read in schools.
Father, in any way that we have missed it; in any way that we have been celebrating nonsense, in any way that we have not hallowed your word, in any way that we have not been living right with the precepts of your word, in any way that we have refrained from correcting, from reproofing from instructions in righteousness, from doctrine, Lord we are sorry. In any way that we have strayed from your perfect will, Lord, we are sorry, we stretch our hands to you and ask you to help us to return, be not far from us. Help us O God to be at the centre of your will for our lives and make us enforcers of righteousness in our areas of influence. Thank you faithful God, in Jesus’ name.