The gifts of the Holy Spirit as enumerated in 1 Cor. 12:1-11 can be classified into three different categories.
- Power gifts which comprises of the gift of healing, gift of working of miracles and the gift of faith.
- Vocal gifts which comprises of speaking in tongues, interpretation of tongues and prophecy.
- Revelational gifts comprises of word of knowledge, word of wisdom and discerning of spirits
There are two dimensions of the move of the Holy Spirit – the power dimension and the wisdom dimension. We need the two.
- It takes power to rule in the midst of your enemies.
- It takes power to break into the enemy’s territory, take what belongs to you and come out unscathed.
- It takes power to stand and challenge the deadly forces unleashed against you.
However, it takes wisdom to reign. We need the combination. You can rule in the midst of your enemies through power but what it takes to reign is wisdom. Why? Every problem in life is a wisdom issue. A time will come when genuine men of God will be sought after. This is because the problems in the world will be such that you cannot solve easily because the problems are not power issues but wisdom issues. What singled Daniel out in the land of his captivity? He solved a problem that the magicians and astrologers could not solve. May the Holy Spirit empower you to be a problem solver, to be a solution provider in the name of Jesus. May you be sought after. May you be so relevant that you will be sought after in the name of Jesus. Daniel never canvassed for a job yet no king ruled in Babylon during his time without him.
It was Holy Ghost empowerment that brought Joseph out of prison and gave him a wisdom that surpassed that of the Egyptians. He solved a problem which the Egyptians could not solve, he solved a problem that enriched Egypt and he became a prime minister. We need power to rule and wisdom to reign. The Holy Spirit is the custodian and giver of the two – May the Holy Ghost empower you for maximum impact. When the Holy Spirit empowers you, you will forever be relevant as long as you are connected to him.
- Lord, I ask you to help me. I need you, I desire you. Fill me to overflowing by your spirit, fill me with the fullness of your power in the name of Jesus. Lord, let it rest upon me forever.
- Fill me with wisdom and let your power flow through me in the name of Jesus. Grant me the grace to reign in the world in the name of Jesus.
- Make me a solution provider in the mighty name of Jesus. Open my eyes in the name of Jesus.
- Guide me by your Spirit, help me and enable me to live above only. May I never be beneath in Jesus name.
Even Jesus had to be supernaturally empowered. Acts 10:38, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Before Jesus went about doing good, the spirit of God rested upon him and never left. Everywhere he went, he was doing good. Receive the supernatural enablement to do good everywhere you go in the mighty name of Jesus. That is the true meaning of being a Christian. If you are not a worthy ambassador of Jesus Christ, check it, something is terribly wrong. You need a supernatural empowerment by the Holy Spirit.
TO BE CONTINUED….