2. Water baptism by emersion.
It is one of the very important preparations that you need. If Jesus was baptized, you must be baptized. Baptism is not for infants; Jesus was thirty years old when he was baptized. Infant baptism is not scriptural because it is important for you to understand what you are doing during the baptism. It is a very serious outward display of an inward glory. Jesus had to wait until he was an adult to be baptized. It was when Jesus was about to manifest the fullness of what God has called him to accomplish that he humbled himself to be baptized. Jesus did not take God for granted after the baptism, rather, he prayed after which the heavens opened. Water baptism by emersion is one of the very vital keys for success in the wilderness. This is because when you enter into the water and come out, you identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. You resurrect into a newness of life. How can an infant understand this? You don’t go into the water as a dry sinner and come out as a wet sinner. No. you need to experience that transformation, you need to have a heavenly witness. Water baptism is a means of consolidating who you are in Christ, an outward display of an inward glory. Water baptism is very vital; if it was vital for Jesus to have comprehensive success in the wilderness, it is vital for you. The word baptism means to be completely immersed in. That totally eliminates sprinkling; baptism by sprinkling is unscriptural.
- Father, grant me the grace, in the mighty name of Jesus, to remain born again all the days of my life and to fix my eyes on what you have done on the cross.
- Jesus Christ, I ask that you transform me and make me a transformer. Make my life abundantly fruitful and grant me grace to walk with you and to be all you want me to be.
- Grant me grace to live for you all the days of my life in the name of Jesus.
- Grant me grace to minister the gospel to people around me and bring more people to your kingdom. Grant that my life shall not be barren in the name of Jesus.
- I ask you to empower me by your spirit; grant me grace to finish well and finish strong in you in Jesus name.
TO BE CONTINUED……..