One of the worst things that can happen to anyone is to become the victim of the evil will of another man. Nobody is neutral. Everybody belong somewhere. As Christ is, so are we. If He is the door, then every true child of God should be heaven’s gate. Gates control access. Every encounter with the ungodly is an encounter with the gate of hell. Some people are opposers of the purpose of God for your life; you must be able to discern them. In 2 Tim. 4:14, Apostle Peter pronounced a curse on Alexander the coppersmith. Babylon has invaded the Church, we must be very careful.
If you want to confront the gates of hell, load yourself with the word of God. The word of God inside of you is your greatest safeguard against seduction. Prov. 7:17-27 – here, we see the seductive overtures of a prostitute to a man without the word. Every prostitute is a gateway to hell – vs. 27. Every sin opens people up to demons. An understanding of this will make you run away from sin. If you do not want to be a spiritual casualty, flee from every appearance of sin especially the sin of fornication and adultery. Seduction goes before deception and deception goes before destruction. Remember the story of the Prophet in I Kg. 13. Devil is the father of deception. The golden key is understanding. A wrong connection can electrocute; it can destroy an edifice. A right connection will electrify your world. Wrong connection electrocutes, it derails, it destroys. You must be able to discern those who are against the purpose of God for your life.
You need to know when and how to say ‘get thee behind me, satan’ as Jesus did in Matt. 16:23 when another spirit spoke through Peter against the fulfilment of God’s purpose in the life of Jesus. The greatest weapon to confronting the gates of hell is the weapon of discernment. Jesus discerned the spirit and rebuked it. The gift of discerning of spirits is a must for anyone who wants to successfully navigate the world today. You cannot disarm an enemy you have not accurately discerned. We need to be led by the Holy Spirit. Study 1 Cor. 12: 4-11.
Another weapon you can use to confront the gates of hell is the weapon of the word of God. Plant the word of God in the garden of your heart. It will be like the rod of Moses that swallowed the rod of Egyptian magicians. Heb. 4:12 – the word of God is a discerner. How can you apply the word of God to discern? If it is not in line with the word of God, it is a lie!
SURE WAYS/MEANS OF CONFRONTING THE GATES OF HELL
- Evangelism – True evangelism is heaven’s gate trying to convert the gates of hell. Evangelists proclaim at the gates of hell. God gives grace to Evangelists. We are called to be Christ’ witnesses, people who raise the banner of the Lord, ambassadors of Christ, shutting the gate of hell, appointing people to heaven. If you want heaven to take note of you, be a soul winner. When heaven takes note of you, you will shine. Daniel 12:3.
- Intercession – Intercessors stand in the gap. Prayer is a seed with eternal value and the blessings, generational. Become an intercessor. Intercession leads you to the secret things of God. Intercession will make you confront spirits, casting out of devils will become natural.
- Be a representative of Christ – can people see Christ in you? Every child of God should be a gate of heaven. Are you?
- Speak to the gates. Command them to lift up their heads that the King of Glory may come in.
- Declare that the gate of poverty, sickness, hell, penury, stagnation etc will never prevail against you, your family, the destiny of your children, your business, career, ministry etc.
- I use my hand as the sword of the spirit and I cut off every wrong connection, every evil cord, everything that tie me down, break in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Every enemy at the gate of my blessings, every enemy at the gate of my higher levels, be overthrown, I overcome you by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony. No enemy at the gate shall be able to stop me in Jesus Name.