2 Cor. 8:9 – One of the terrible things the devil is using to fight people in the world today is poverty and one of the things we must learn to do is to go to the cross on a daily basis to exchange our poverty for His riches. The cross of Christ is a place of exchange where your humanity is exchanged for his divinity; your weaknesses for his strength; your foolishness for his wisdom; your poverty for his wealth and so on. Christ has surrendered his heavenly privileges: all the appurtenances of heaven and all the paraphernalia of his sonship. He stooped so that we may be rich. He took humbling steps to fulfill the will of His father so that we may be raised from the pit in which there is no water to sitting together in heavenly places above thrones, principalities, powers, limitations, scarcity, poverty, lack, sickness, disease, death, hell, sin, satan and all his demons. That is the true meaning of dominion. He went down routed principalities and powers and took captivity captive and then ascended so that through Him, we will attain the position of sonship and qualify for inheritance – the highest level of relationship. Children go for toys but sons go for inheritance.
The Son of the inexhaustible source of every good thing left heaven; agreed to die on the cross, agreed to be vilified, spat on, ridiculed, messed up and scourged for our sake. On the cross, He said ‘it is finished’. Everything that is necessary for our well-being has been comprehensively procured for us on the cross. He came to give us abundant life, John 10:10. Confess – ‘abundant life is my portion; I am a candidate for abundant life in Jesus name’.
2 Cor. 9:8-11 – when next the devil comes to create doubt and fear in your heart, declare ‘my God is able’. By so doing, you will silence his voice and faith will rise inside of you. One of the things we must remember is that any time we are talking about the ability of God; it is always in superlative terms. Everything God is able to give you He has in supernatural abundance. Make this confession ‘God is able to make all grace abound towards me this year’. God wants to multiply your good works; allow him to use you as an angel to alleviate pains this year. Take note that there is no scarcity in heaven.
Heavenly Father, I receive Your word in 2 Cor. 9:8 and I proclaim that you are able to make all grace abound toward me that I always having all sufficiency in all things may abound to every good work in Jesus name.
Seven (7) Decisions that will electrify your world this year:
- Decision to put God first – Deut. 26:2. If you put God first, He will ensure that the resources of heaven are made available to you first. When you make God your pursuit, good things will pursue you in all your endeavours. When you wake up in the morning, acknowledge God. Give him your first fruit. First fruit is not limited to money; it is where you place God in your world. If you do this, he will be serious with you. Jesus, the pattern son, put his father first. Long before dawn, Jesus will wake up and commune with his father until daybreak. This was the secret of his power. If you spend enough time in the presence of God, there is no way you will not contact the anointing that will flow and touch lives.
- Decision to delight yourself in the Lord – Psa. 37:4 “delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart”. One of the keys that unlocks supernatural abundance is simply delight yourself in the Lord. Make sure that you are the generator of your own happiness. Have a joyful heart. Purpose in your heart to ‘rejoice evermore’. Encourage yourself in the Lord. Create a happy home. Does your atmosphere command peace, joy and rejoicing? Are you a terrorist at home? Your atmosphere should be welcoming and conducive. Get it right, fall in love with God and he will give you the desires of your heart. You must get to the point where your desire becomes prayer answered.
- Decision to walk uprightly – crooked people are the greatest losers. Liars are the basest people on earth because they acquire the nature of the snake. Psa. 84:11 makes it clear that there is no good thing that God will withhold from those who walk uprightly. Align yourself with God. Liars are losers and of course, their destination is hell. Rev. 21:8.
- Decision to fear the Lord – the blessings of the fear of the Lord are innumerable; they are boundless. One of them is secret counsel; it belongs to those who fear him. Job 28:28 “and unto man he said, behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding”. This scripture gives us two keys that will unlock the door of prosperity: the key of wisdom and the key of understanding. Apply them.
- Decision to be complete in obedience – don’t be the boss; allow God to boss you this year. His divine instructions are for your ultimate good. The instructions you follow will determine the future you create. If you want to be a beneficiary of the blessings in Deut. 28:1-14, be complete in obedience. Don’t be partial in obedience this year. Partially obedient people are like partial contact people. Partial obedience is partial disobedience, which is absolute disobedience.
- Decision to change your level of seeding (sowing) – remember that everything in life is subject to the law of seedtime and harvest. Your word, prayer, action, service, smile and so on are all seeds. A lot of prosperity teachers teach people sowing without teaching them loving. Your sowing must be borne out of love; if it is not borne out of your love for God, then it becomes mechanical. If you sow sparingly, you will reap sparingly but if you sow bountifully, you will reap bountifully. Even when unbelievers practice this law, it works for them how much more a believer. For Christians, it should be part and parcel of your worship. What are you expecting God to do for you? Begin to sow prayer into it; speak and confess into it and press into it by sacrificial giving. If you want God to move mightily especially in the area of financial breakthrough, learn to sow, increase your seeding and make sure you do it with joy and not out of compulsion. Fall in love with God. Nobody can out give God. God so loved the world that he gave. Get involved in kingdom projects; become relevant. Apostle Paul prayed the prayer in Philippians 4:19 because the Philippians gave. When you release your seed, you schedule a harvest. This is how to change season. If you want to change your season of poverty, scarcity and lack, you cannot run away from the power of the seed. Every seed is coded with an instruction to produce. Gen. 8:22, Gal. 6:7.
- Decision to be a soul winner – Dan. 12:3 “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever”. If you want to shine, if you want to electrify your world, win souls. “He that winneth souls is wise” – Prov. 11:30. Make heaven happy. Win souls.
- Lord, please help me. I want this year, by your grace, to be much better than 2017 in my life in all ramifications, Lord, lead me from grace to grace, from faith to faith and I ask you to empower me so mightily this year. Let your light shine; this year empower me to walk in comprehensive dominion. Anoint me and use me to the glory, praise and honour of your name. Thank you mighty God.
- This year, Lord, show me your mercy, love and kindness. Help me to fall in love over and over again with you. Let my life count for what really counts; electrify my world and let your glory flow through me in the name of Jesus.
- Transform me, O God; take me from where I am to where I am supposed to be. Enlarge my coast exceedingly and help me to know you more. Help me to fear you, help me to love you, help me to delight myself in you, help me to walk uprightly because I know that no good thing will you withhold from those who walk uprightly. Thank you mighty God, in Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen.