Seven Reasons Why You Should Not Be Poor
- You are a child of the Most High God. He is not only the Most High, He is your Father. Learn to relate with God as your Father, all good and perfect gifts come from Him, according to James 1:17. Being a father has taught me a lot about the love of fathers for their children. I want to provide for my children; I want to protect them, I want to mentor them, I also want to correct them when they err. Fatherhood has also taught me about the pains of leadership. Recently, the Holy Spirit taught me that the pain of leadership is in being misunderstood in your good intentions. He, however, told me that there is the gain of leadership which is fulfilment of purpose. This was the type of leadership that Jesus demonstrated. The Holy Spirit went further to tell me that the crown of leadership is divine endorsement. You have so much you wish to bestow on people but your hands are tied because of the attitude they exhibit. That is the pain. We need to understand that our Father is the inexhaustible source of every good thing; it is not his wish that his children be poor. All good and perfect gifts come from him. Stop rationalizing poverty; poverty is not a good gift so it cannot be from God.
- Jesus came to give us abundant life. John 10:10 says, “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)” (Amplified version). In this scripture, you will see the overflow dimension that God wants for his children. So, scarcity, poverty and penury are not God’s perfect will for your life. When God created man, he made him lord, he created man after his image and likeness. God is not poor. We are new creations in Christ; the purpose for which Jesus came shall be fulfilled in our lives. He came to destroy the works of the devil and poverty is one of the works of the devil. The spirit of poverty attacks resources, this is to confirm that it is demonic; it attacks blessings and does it violently. There are spirits that are called the spirits of the cankerworm, the palmerworm and the caterpillar, the moment the devil releases any of these spirits into the resources of people, poverty is inevitable. But the power of God will destroy the cankerworm, the palmerworm and the caterpillar over your resources and release you into maximum fruitfulness to overflow dimension in the mighty name of Jesus. The Lord will restore all your plundered blessings, he will restore all your plundered years, plundered virtues and all your plundered resources in the name of Jesus.
- Poverty is never the perfect will of God for your life. 3 John 2 tells us “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth”. God wants us to have comprehensive prosperity.
- In Christ, you are a royal priest. 1 Pet. 2 :9, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light”. Christ has brought us out of the darkness of poverty. Make this declaration, ‘I am coming out of poverty in the name of Jesus.
- God has promised not to withhold any of his good gifts from those who walk uprightly. Psa. 84:11 says, “For God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly”. Job 22:21-24 “Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles. Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks”. God wants to give you gold like dust. Whatever God wants to give you, he has in supernatural abundance. He wants to bless you to overflow dimension. His leading is from glory to glory. Whenever you notice that things are not growing in your hands, get angry, don’t rationalize it.
TO BE CONTINUED.