THE OTHER SIDE
Text: Mark 4:35-41
“And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side…..and there arose a great storm of wind…..He arose and rebuked the wind…and the wind ceased.”
Anytime you set your heart to break into another level, there will be storm. A man of God once said that for every level, there is a new devil. It is dangerous to cross over to the other side without Jesus in your ship. I am not referring to a theoretical Jesus but to Jesus the eternal Son of the Most High God who has revealed himself to you and who has a relationship with you. Even with Jesus in the ship, the storm still came all the same, it didn’t respect the presence of Jesus. it came so forcefully that it almost sank the ship. Naturally, the disciples of Jesus were afraid and they cried out to him for help. But glory to God, Jesus in your ship, you will never sink in spite to the storm. No matter what the storm is, Jesus is the master of the storm, the Alpha and Omega.
It is time for us to start celebrating who Jesus is in our lives, it is time to begin to magnify him. The Bible tells us in Psa. 93:4 that the Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, than the mighty waves of the sea. I don’t know where you are experiencing storm today, the storms of life can come in various forms and dimensions, it could be in relationships, marriages, finances, businesses and so on but the prescription is still Jesus. He is the Prince of peace. My own storm came in the form of stomach pains, the devil wanted to stop me from fasting so I had to take the issue to Jesus. Dialoguing with him, I said, Jesus, you are the master of the storm, you are the Prince of peace, please quell the storm in my stomach. I could do this because I have a revelation of Jesus as my elder brother and as the one inside of me. When you talk to Jesus from the depth of your heart and you have a revelation of him in your ship, it will change the way you communicate with him. Jesus quelled the storm in my stomach and I have peace. Hallelujah!
Jesus is the best prescription for that storm in your life, he is the best remedy for every man’s malady. Let us not be religious in our relationship with Christ. When the storm arose, the disciples of Jesus were very vocal; they cried out to Jesus with urgency in their voices. When you cry out to Jesus in this manner, he will arise. May Jesus arise in that situation in your life, in the mighty name of Jesus. However, you need to deal with the spirit of fear. Fear manifests a lot even in the life of professing Christians, it is the policeman of the devil. So many people are already afraid of what the coming year holds. If you go by human reasoning and the things that are already building up in the world today, your heart is likely to fail but you should not entertain fear. It is time to tell Jesus to arise. We need to get Jesus to arise. We need to move to the other side in order to take delivery of what Christ secured for us at the cross.
Mark 5:1-20, “And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,.. Howbeit Jesus…saith unto him, go home to thy friends and tell them how great things the Lord hath done thee.. .” In spite of the storm, you are crossing over to the other side. If you don’t cross over to the other side, you may not be able to fulfil your destiny. You need to cross over because there are assignments for you there; there are souls to be won, there are demons to be cast out, there are chains to be broken at the other side and there are people to be discipled there. There are people that will become evangelists because you crossed over. Jesus is about to use you mightily.
We need to produce fruits at the other side in the coming year. The destiny of this man was tied and almost on his way to hell. He was not only bound but was possessed by a legion of demons and was comfortable only in tombs. A legion is made up of six thousand demons. His destiny was completely messed up but Jesus the game changer, the Lord of hosts, the commander of the armies of heaven and hell showed up. The mad man was apparently meant to be an evangelist but was tied up and bound and that was the reason why the storm came. Immediately Jesus sent the demons to the pigs, they all perished in the sea. This storm originated from the pit of hell.
The storms of life are generated to make you afraid and make you begin to seek for help where help does not come and to make you forget that Christ in your boat, you will never sink. Meanwhile, all you need do is to lift the Lord on high and he will speak ‘peace, be still’ and there will be a great calm.
You will cross over and the name of the Lord will be magnified in your life. When people see you, they will see Jesus magnified in your life. The Jesus in you will make demons to scamper when you give a command and captives will be released from their captivity. This is how to be fruitful. We must enter the next year with this mindset in order to produce fruits and our fruits must abide. When we do, whatever we ask in the name of Jesus, our Father will release to us.
Remember that the ultimate other side is heaven. May we not miss it in Jesus name.
- Jesus, I stretch my hands to you, I thank you because you are always there for me. I thank you because you have saved me, thank you because you have delivered me and translated me from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of your marvelous light. I celebrate you and I magnify your name. Thank you for the blessings of the other side. May I not miss it in the name of Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, may your name be praised. Amen.
- Anything that has stopped me from fulfilling the purpose of God, let that thing dissolve and disappear right now in the name of Jesus. Lord, you know the programme that you have for my life, for my destiny, family and for me in the years ahead, Lord Jesus, I depend on you, I ask you to empower me. Anything that can stop me from fulfilling your purpose, let it dissolve and disappear. Anything that the enemy has programmed to derail your purpose for my life, Lord, let it dissolve and disappear.
- O God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, every snare on my path, every snare on the path of my destiny, Lord, send your angels to remove it. Every programme of hell to raise storm against me, I raise the blood of Jesus against every storm. Jesus, I enthrone you, you are the Prince of peace, let your peace reign in my heart, let your peace reign in my will, in my emotion, in my family, in my business and in my ministry in the name of Jesus.
- Jesus, please help me, you know my struggles. I don’t want to struggle with sin any more, I want to be so desperately in love with you that the idea of substituting that love for any other thing no longer exist. Jesus, please strengthen me, consolidate my relationship with you, beautify my life in such a way that people will look at me and glorify God.
- Jesus, you are the master of the storm, do your wonders in my life so much so that when people hear about it, they will acknowledge your greatness and that will make my evangelism sweet. Only you can do it, please remove every reproach, remove every trace of disdain, remove every trace of impurity. Anything that gives the enemy the upper hand in my life, Lord, let it dissolve and disappear. Break every chain, break every fetter so that I can fulfil your purpose. Lord, remove anything that drags me to the point where you do not want me to be in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I ask that you grant me the grace to be all that you want me to be and to accomplish all that you want me to accomplish and to enter my allotted inheritance in you in the name of Jesus. Let your peace that passes all understanding reign in every area of my life.
- Lord, I ask you for the abundant life that only you can give, let it manifest fully in my life. Convert every point of ridicule to a point of miracle, help me O God, in the name of Jesus. Thank you mighty God. Make my life abundantly fruitful and let my fruits abide. Make heaven more real to me than any thing can ever be. Thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, please, in any way that I am headed in the wrong direction, I ask you to help me. I return and I put my hand in your hand, guide me unto all fruitfulness in the name of Jesus. I proclaim that you are the way, the truth, the life and the light. Encompass me with favour like a shield, drive away darkness and grant me comprehensive dominion over darkness and over anything that is connected to darkness in the name of Jesus. Anywhere I appear henceforth, let darkness disappear, drive away darkness from my life in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Begin to call forth what you want to see in the year 2019. Lord, thank you for the blessings you have gone ahead to prepare for me in 2019, thank you for being so faithful. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness and blessings, you are worthy to be glorified. Thank you for your wonders, thank you for your plans. You have gone to prepare a wonderful 2019 for me, it shall be a year of wonders. Your wonders shall increase and multiply in my life, I will celebrate your wonders, I will celebrate your goodness, I will celebrate your faithfulness, I will celebrate your power, I will celebrate your graces, I will celebrate your mercies, I will celebrate your favour, I will celebrate your supernatural abundance, I will celebrate your faithfulness, I will celebrate you for you will increase my greatness and comfort me on every side. Thank you blessed Lord, I worship and adore you.
- I speak into 2019, I speak into you from January to December in the name of Jesus. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same, the name of the Lord shall be praised and adored in every facet of my life, for God has spoken in his holiness, I will rejoice. Amen.
My year of Abundant blessings…. Hallelujah!
Awesome prayer, may the Lord bless you.