The power of grace includes:
2. The power to become sons of God.
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of man, but of God”.John 1:12-13
The word, “sons” is used here instead of sons and daughters because of inheritance; sonship qualifies you for an inheritance. Whenever I remember that I have an inheritance in Christ, it excites me. I have a goodly heritage. We have an inheritance which the Bible calls a wonderful inheritance, undefiled, reserved for us in heaven. Remind yourself daily that you have a wonderful inheritance. This is enough to silence the voice of depression and the voice of hopelessness. When the Church stopped preparing people for heaven and started preparing them for this earth that is about to sink, that was when the Church started getting weaker and weaker leaving so many Church goers confused. You have a wonderful inheritance, what else do you want? Christianity of the seventies was not built on things but on where we are going so there was no prevalence of depression. True grace will keep you heavenly minded and earthly useful.
3. Power to prosper.
This is part of it. There is power to prosper in grace. Everything you have is by grace. Money making is by grace. Money is the easiest thing that God can give you. You can sleep and wake up with a Holy Ghost inspired idea on how to make money. God has all the abilities and grace flows from the benevolence of God. He is the possessor of all power. He is sovereign over all. All good and perfect gifts come from him.
“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work”.2 Corinthians 9:8 KJV
I love the all sufficiency dimension in all things so that I can abound in all good works. We need this grace in order to lift people. When God sees this as the desire of your heart, he will release that grace. He will grant you supernatural empowerment. Grace is supernatural empowerment to do what ordinarily you are incapable of doing. God empowers you to do that which ordinarily you are not capable of doing.
- Lord, please take me to the ‘all sufficiency’ dimension. Grant me the grace, in the name of Jesus, to have all you want me to have and to possess all you want me to possess. Grace to abound in all good works, grace to prosper, in the name of Jesus, I ask that you bestow upon me.
- Grace to be a hand lifter, bestow upon me O God. Grace not to lack any of the good things that follow them who serve you, bestow upon me in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, supernaturally empower me to do what I ordinarily cannot do in my own strength. Lord, I depend on you, by the power of your spirit, empower me to do that which ordinarily I am incapable of doing.
- Empower me supernaturally to reach the heights that I am incapable of reaching, please take me there in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED.