The evil called terrorism started with Cain. There are a couple of things to learn from this story.
- Cain brought a gift. Beware of the type of gift you bring to God. The type of gift you present to God:-
- Determines the type of person you really are;
- Determines the type of value you place in your relationship with God; it determines how you value God;
- It determines your ‘worthship’; your worship
Some people specialize in giving God rejects. If you are in the habit of doing this, watch it! You have already collected the seal of Cain. You must repent.
- Cain is the father of religious infidels. The type of gift you give to God determines your faith. The greatest definition of faith I love so much is ‘faith is placement of value in my relationship with my heavenly Father.’ If God is worth pittance to you, that is what you will give to him but if your God is the inexhaustible source of every good thing, then you will be careful what you give to him. In my walk with God spanning well over two decades, I have discovered that what you get from God is dependent on how you value him. A lot of people cheat themselves when they decide to behave like Cain. The story is told of a young man who decided to be giving God the highest denomination in his pocket at every given time no matter how inconvenient. The man was always struggling whenever it was time to give, he even sometimes hear a voice advising him to reconsider his resolve but he was undaunted; he shunned the evil voice and continued. One day while in the office, his attention was drawn to an internal advert that the HR department was about to place for an IT specialist. He went through the requirements and discovered that he was qualified. He immediately applied for the position and after much deliberation, the management of the organization decided to give him the job in spite of the fact that he was a junior staff. He got the Assistant General Manager position (AGM) and his fortunes changed tremendously. That is what God can do.
PRAY;- Dear Heavenly father I adore you. Grant me the grace to always place you first in every thing I do, and to always give you my best no matter how inconvenient it may be. I thank you because I know you are a rewarder of those who diligently seek you. I ask you to deliver me from the seal of Cain and make me a true worshiper indeed in Jesus Name. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED.