BLESSED BEYOND CURSE (PART 14I) – THE SEAL OF MAN
Cain was a worker while Abel was a worshipper. Cain was a type of satan while Abel was a type of Christ. The question is – is there any seal of Cain in you? Pray –
- Father, I thank you for the great honour and privilege you have done me in sending your Son to die for me. I proclaim that I am blessed beyond any curse.
- Help me O God to be a consecrated worshipper. Deliver me from every seal of Cain; deliver me from every seal of infidelity.
- Help me never to serve you according to my terms but to serve you according to your purpose. Let my service in your kingdom be acceptable unto you.
- Deliver me from every seal of stubbornness and give me the right spirit of humility in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, deliver me from jealousy and from hateful anger; help me never to be a murderer. Make me a consecrated worshipper and destroy every seal of Lucifer that has attached itself to my life, let them melt by fire in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Verses 6 – 7 – “Why are you angry? The Lord asked him. Why is your face so dark with rage? It can be bright with joy if you will do what you should! But if you refuse to obey, watch out. Sin is waiting to attack you, longing to destroy you.” This is a very simple advice from a loving Father to his son, but what was the reaction? The King James Version puts it thus, “Why art thou wroth? And why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.” In other words, if you start doing well, will you not be celebrated?
Why did God ask Cain those questions?
- God wanted Cain to have a rethink.
- He wanted him to think deeply, in other words, he wanted him to look inwards. God wanted him to be reflective. One of the sources of concern to me as I watch children grow is the place of gadget in their lives and how it has captivated their attention. One of the negative influences of gadget in the lives of children is that it does not help them to be reflective. If you are not reflective, you cannot be deep; you cannot empathize; you cannot even pray well if you are not reflective and you will end up having entitlement mentality.
TO BE CONTINUED.