Psa. 66:18 says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.” Iniquity shortens the hand of God and anything that will shorten the hand of God in your life is your greatest enemy. Many a times, we think that our enemies are without. No! If we can truly make peace with God and satisfy the conditions for answered prayer, even before we pray, things will begin to happen; God will move on our behalf. The beginning of any sin is iniquity and so the beginning of any repentance should be repentance from iniquity. Iniquity is a well blocker and is capable of defining one’s destiny.
Iniquity simply means to turn away from the revealed will of God and anyone who turns away from the revealed will of God is turning away from light. Why bother to go to Church if you don’t desire to be transformed? The word of God is truth; a double edged sword that cuts to correct. The Church is supposed to be a transformation centre. The pulpit should be used for correction to produce transformation, impartation and rebranding; doing the work of Christ. That was exactly what Jesus came to do. Pray –
- Heavenly Father, please correct me where I need correction, help me where I need help, I know that I am a work in progress, do not allow me to short circuit the process of my transformation by my attitude in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, please, remove every iniquity from my heart and help me to drop the things that I need to drop so that I can ascend to operate in the highest. Thank you, faithful God, in Jesus name I pray.
What the Hand of God can do
- The hand of God upholds. The hand of God is the greatest anchor that anyone can have. Psa. 37:23-26 says, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and not am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.” God upholds and he makes the habit of upholding with his hand. The hand of God is a hand of blessing that guarantees not only your own blessing but the blessings of your generation yet unborn; your seed! There are generational blessings. Today, we know so much about generational curses but how much do we know about generational blessings? Your connection to God will produce generational blessings for you. Abraham walked with God and his generation is still enjoying the blessings of Abraham today. At a time when a lot of things are shaking, we need the mighty hand of God to uphold us. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that cannot be shaken, nothing is exempt. It is only the hand of God that can ensure stability. God can make your life like the ark of Noah; the storm that sinks other ships will cause your own ship to be raised and you will soar above the storm in the name of Jesus. Pray –
- Lord, I want to see your hand upholding me, I want to see your hand upholding my family, let your mighty hand uphold me O God and keep me from falling, let your mighty hand keep me from backsliding, let your mighty hand keep me from making mistakes, let your mighty hand keep me from committing spiritual blunders, let your mighty hand keep and shield me from the evil one in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I want to see your sustaining hand; I want to see your hand of generational blessings, Lord, I want to see your mighty hand revealed in my life, help me Lord, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED.