4. Shield of Faith – will help us in no small measure. All victories are possible for the soldier who is strong in faith. Are you strong in faith? You use this shield of faith to quench the fiery darts as they come, the shield of faith will not allow them to penetrate. Darts can come in form of bills, finance, health challenges and so on. May your faith not be weak in the day of adversity in Jesus name. There is a new gospel of isolation that is being preached by some pastors who have gone into error; unfortunately, when a Pastor derails he takes his flock along. That is why it is your responsibility to have a personal time with God to study the word. A lot of other gospels are being propagated today, may you not be a victim of the gospel of error. The Apostles were never isolated, they met daily.
- Heavenly Father, strengthen my shield of faith; through you all victories are possible. Help me to be strong in faith and not to be shaky in Jesus’ name.
5. The Helmet of Salvation – Our Lord Jesus Christ provided salvation for us through his death, burial and resurrection. The helmet protects the head; head salvation and heart salvation are stronger than brass to protect the mind from fear, doubt and incorrect thinking. The mind/heart is your thinking self and when that helmet is in place, your thinking is saturated with word of God; you think with the mind of God. That is what protects you. In the midst of scarcity, you will see abundance through God; in the face of unemployment, you will see the hand of God give you a double barrel employment. You can see because you are tuned to the frequency of heaven. Your mind is no longer tied to earthbound toys; your mind is liberated and tuned to the frequency of the One who controls the universe. Faith is superior to fact. Fact is that you may have a headache; faith is that by his stripes you are healed. It is left for you to choose the one you believe. The one you connect to is the one you draw from; if you draw from the anointing of faith, you will overcome, if you draw from a negative anointing you will draw fear and be overwhelmed. Tune to the frequency of faith. Jesus has made ample provisions for us. Considering the extent of assault that bombards our mind daily, we need to have the helmet of salvation in place. Helmet of salvation will make you think heavenly thoughts and make you have the mind of Christ. You want to break into the enemy territory? Where is your shield of faith?
6. The Sword of the Spirit – All other parts of the Christian soldier’s armour are for defence but the sword is our offensive weapon against the devil and his demons. The Bible makes it clear that the word of God is quick, and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit according to Heb. 4:12.
- Lord, I empty my body, my soul and my spirit of every contamination, of every sin, of every dross, of every impurity in the name of Jesus.
- I plead the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, God’s Son over my body, over my soul, over my spirit, over my mind, over my will, over my emotion, over my initiative and over my personality.
- Re-dedicate your life to Jesus Christ. Jesus I rededicate my life to you and I declare that you are the rock of my salvation, the rock of my protection, the rock of my preservation, the rock of my provision, the rock of my progression, the rock of my perfection, the rock of my promise; in you I live and move and have my being. Blessed be your name. Thank you faithful God, in Jesus’ name I pray.
- I disconnect myself, through the blood of Jesus, from every evil association in the name of Jesus.
- I renounce the influence of idolatry in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Jesus, I enthrone you as Lord of my battles, Lord over all areas of my life; reign Master Jesus.
- By faith in Christ, I rebuild everywhere my spiritual wall of defence is broken down in Jesus’ name.
- In the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I clothe myself with the whole armour of the Lord.
- I stand in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and pull down the strongholds of my enemies in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED…