What is this grace going to do? How does it operate? Psa. 85:9-13, “Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land. Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase. Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.” The ways of God are mercy and truth; where did mercy and truth come together? At the cross! Jesus says, I am the way, the truth and life and no one comes to the father except by me. It is not to God through any other saint, it is not to God through any other saint, it is to God through Jesus the Way. If you miss the way, you miss God. Where is the greatest display of grace? It is the place where mercy and truth came together! That is why if you remove the cross, you will miss the way. The Church became weaker and weaker by de-emphasizing the message of the cross.
Many people emphasize mercy and look at grace from that angle alone, there is a God that also hates and judges sin. The truth side of God must judge sin, the mercy side of God pardons sin; the mercy side of God has provided for our propitiation in his Son. Look at the extent God went in order to deal with the question of sin, yet people are toying with it. When his Son was on the cross, God looked elsewhere. That was why Jesus wept. Jesus didn’t weep because of the agony or torture; he wept because of disconnection from communing with his father. For the first time there was separation. If you understand this, you will ask God for grace to live above sin. The cross is not only the highest demonstration of grace, it is also the greatest demonstration of the mercy of God. It was on the cross that sin was judged so that you can have dominion over it and it is the grace of God that did it for us. So sin cannot have dominion over us, it has been judged.
Where does this grace emanate? John 1:16, “Out of the fullness of his grace, we have all received one blessing after another.” We have all received one blessing after another out of the fullness of God’s grace. Blessed be the Lord from whom all blessings flow.
Titus 2:11-14, “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. these things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.” This scripture always stands out whenever anyone tries to teach grace for what it is not.
- Grace TEACHES us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts. Are we denying ungodliness and worldly lust in the Church today? We are using worldly standards to judge and even measure success and failure in the Church. Why has the world infiltrated the Church so much and carried a lot of people captive? If you have the seal of God, you will not partake of worldly lusts because you have crossed the Rubicon.
- Grace will make you to live soberly, righteously and godly. Why? You have seen it all, you have tasted heaven, heaven has begun with you and everything down here is like toy. You have seen the original.
- Grace makes us zealous of good works.
Grace is not passive, grace is active and it should produce fruits. The fruits of grace are good works. Fruits of grace must be produced in your life in the name of Jesus.
- Jesus, I celebrate you. From today, every misconception about grace in my life let it dissolve and disappear.
- Lord, by your grace help me to be fruitful. Bring me to the point where my will may be united completely with your will.
- Lord, grant me the grace to walk with you; to cease from struggle, to do your will effortlessly in the name of Jesus.
- Supernaturally empower me to walk in the way of holiness, in the way of righteousness and the way of wisdom. I need your grace, help me O God, in Jesus name. AMEN!
Click on the link below and pray the Covenant of Infinite grace prayers: