- Decision to be thankful cont’d. There is a curse that goes with ingratitude. Mal. 2:2, “If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.” It is one of the cheapest things that happen today, people are so ungrateful. Ingratitude is the root of every sin. It was ingratitude that even brought disobedience. Every trace of disobedience is a product of ingratitude; ingratitude goes before disobedience. Before you disobey anyone, you must have taken the person for granted. Ingratitude will make you not to enter the Promised Land. None of the people that grumbled about the Promised Land got there. Grumblers are great losers. If you want to attain the highest level this year, throw away every trace of ingratitude; and the way to do it easily is to be thankful. With a heart full of thanksgiving, bless the Lord all your life. Jesus healed ten lepers but only one returned to say thank you Jesus. Of course, he was made completely whole, perfect as if he never had leprosy, fully restored. (Luke 17:12-19). If you have any scar in your life, give thanks, as you do, the scar will be removed and you will have abundance of testimonies. Thanksgiving brings increase, Psa: 67:5-7, “Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.”
As you begin to thank him from the depth of your heart the blessings of God will continue to flow; the resources of heaven will be made available to you and you will possess the gates of your enemies.
- Lift up your hands and appreciate God.
- Are there things you spoke inadvertently because the enemy hit you hard and you spoke what you shouldn’t have said? Tell God that you are sorry. Tell him to look into your heart and roll away every trace of grumbling in your heart. (Grumbling is a condition of the heart and it is agreeing with the devil that God is not good which is a lie from the pit of hell).
- Lord, I am sorry, in any way that I have behaved as if you have not been good to me, in any way that I have behaved as if you have not been faithful to me, I am sorry, please forgive me, please cleanse me today, please purge me and purify my heart, make me holy, pure and acceptable to you. In your mercy O God, forgive my transgressions, forgive my sin, forgive my iniquity. Cleanse me of every impurity; cleanse me of every trace of ingratitude.
- Lord, in place of ingratitude, help me to be grateful and help me to be thankful all the days of my life. I acknowledge that you have been good to me, I acknowledge that you have been faithful, I acknowledge that you have been kind, I acknowledge that you have been merciful, I acknowledge that you have been wonderful, I acknowledge O God, that you have been so good to me. I appreciate and thank you for your sovereignty and goodness. You are the faithful God, may your name be praised, may your name be adored.
- Lord, I celebrate you, I celebrate your sovereignty, I celebrate your faithfulness and I bless and magnify your holy name. Thank you so much mighty God in battle, none can compare with you. Glory and honour, praise, adoration and thanksgiving be unto you forever and ever in the name of Jesus. Amen!