“Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon the earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion. Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour. The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.”
A lot of people see this Psalm as a Psalm of prosperity but it is actually a Psalm of the blessings of the fear of God. It is one of the numerous Psalms that highlight the blessings of the fear of God. The technical side of this Psalm is fear of the Lord. Are you ready to be praiseful this year? Are you ready to be a person of the word of God? Are you ready to saturate your life with the word of God? Are you ready to allow the word of God to take preeminence in every aspect of your life this year?
Are you ready to fear the Lord reverentially? One of the things that the reverential fear of God will do for you is that it will keep you away from sin. The only place where you are permitted to commit sin is where God cannot see you. When others do it and go scot free, you know you cannot do it because even if no one sees you, there is someone up there who you do not wish to disconnect from. This is because you know the implications of disconnecting from his presence. Sin cuts short the glory of God and when the glory is not there, all manner of things happen. You don’t want to experience any of such things.
The remaining part of the Psalm enumerates the blessings that are triggered through praise, fear of God, delighting greatly in his commandments, allowing the word of God to be the final arbiter in every aspect of your life. These are generational blessings. A lot of people know about generational curses – they are real. There are generational curses for those who serve other gods, but there are also generational blessings. Do you fear the Lord?
- Lord, help me this year to praise your name more than ever before. Let my life flow in ceaseless praise of your name, of your almightiness, goodness, and greatness. Help me to praise you this year more than I have ever done in the past. Help me Lord to praise your name in an atmosphere of your power and presence and in consciousness of your ever abiding presence in the name of Jesus.
- Keep me from sin and evil. Give me your reverential fear and grant me the grace to be ruled by your word in the name of Jesus. Let your word be my constitution in life, let it be my compass and direction finder in the name of Jesus.
- I ask you, Lord, to make your word the compass of every member of my family and everyone associated with this ministry. Let your word, O God, rule our world in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Grant us grace to align to the spirit and the letters of your word in every area of our lives in Jesus name.
- My generation shall be blessed. My seed is the seed of the upright and my seed shall be mighty upon the earth in the name of Jesus. My generation is blessed because I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
- Wealth and riches shall be in my house and my righteousness endures forever in the name of Jesus.
TO BE CONTINUED………..