The greatest thing you can do for God and for man is to pray. The devil trembles when the weakest child of God prays. That is why he brings all manner of obstacles to ensure that you don’t pray. He gets you so encumbered so that you can forget to deploy this all-important weapon. Prayer moves the hand that rules the universe. Prayer is striking the winning blow. A prayerful Christian is a powerful Christian while a prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian. If you are no longer praying the way you ought to, you need to repent, restore your prayer life and re-fire. A true child of God does not retire, rather he re-fires. If the enemy is fighting your prayer life, it is only because he wants to destroy you. A hot oven keeps flies away, a cold one attracts flies.
One of the ways to fence off the snake and keep the devil where he rightly belongs is to pray and make prayer part and parcel of your Christian walk. Jesus, the pattern Son, showed us how to be successful; he prayed. He lived in the realm of divine communion with the Father, always sending and downloading, always transmitting and receiving. That was why he was able to beat the enemy hands down on all fronts. That was the reason why he was able to fulfil his ministry. I doubt if anyone can fulfil the purpose of God in his or her life without prayer. We need to intensify and ignore the things around us that are demanding for a ‘lockdown’, slow down or wind down. Know that every of such voice is a lie from the pit of hell. Anything that does not want you to connect properly wants to disconnect you. The devil fights to disconnect you from the place of fire, he will do everything possible to ensure that you get cold.
You need to define your priorities. If you do not get your priorities right, you are susceptible to deception. What is it that is uppermost in your heart? Ask yourself, ‘what am I really pursuing?’ Everyone is pursuing something. What you pursue will always be ahead of you. What you pursue determines the direction you go. What you pursue determines where you will end. One of the best things that happened to me is that God brought me to a place where the only thing that matters most is Him. He brought me to a place where the only thing I chase is God, although this did not happen easily. I chased so many other things until God, in his infinite mercy, began to help me drop them one after the other. He brought me to the one thing that matters most.
When Jesus visited the home of Mary and Martha in Luke 10:38-42, Martha was all over the place, busy here and there but Mary sat at the feet of Jesus. Martha came to Jesus and said, Lord, why are you tolerating this kind of situation where I am the only one trying to fix things up in the house while my sister is just sitting there idle? To her surprise, Jesus replied, “Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: but one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” May you always make the right choice in the name of Jesus. Our God is a qualitative God; it takes quality decision to serve a qualitative God. What you chase determines what you get. What gives you satisfaction? What is it that makes you tick? Mind your association. May you not be happy in the congregation of the unrighteous in the name of Jesus. I pray that you will become a person that is so addicted to the presence of God that nothing else matters. At the age of twelve, Jesus was found in the temple doing his Father’s will. He never stopped until he was crucified at the age of thirty three and a half .
- Father, please bring me to the point, in my life, where nothing else matters but you. Let the only thing I’m chasing in life be you. Please bring me to this point. Help me Lord, in Jesus name.
- Make me a person who is addicted to your presence. Help me to de-emphasize the things that don’t really matter. Grant me grace to invest in the things that have eternal value and to focus only on major issues.
- Help me to strengthen my relationship with you, for my confidence is in you, O God. I worship and adore you, Lord. I give you praise, in Jesus mighty name I pray.
- Lord, if I am heading in the wrong direction, please re-direct me in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, I ask you to minister grace to me, for you are the spirit of grace. Fill me and guide me. Be my mentor; mentor me until I become all you want me to be.
- May I never miss your mark again. Grant me grace to be properly aligned in the name of Jesus.
- Disconnect me from the things that want to pull me down. Help me to tune to the frequency of heaven in Jesus name I pray. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED………