Avoid the following toxic attitudes like plagues if you want to have victory in the wilderness: –
A lot of people trivialize unbelief. They believe that unbelief is small thing. I had that misconception too until I understood the implications. John 1:12 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.” Believeth here means to make a habit of believing, that is, continues to believe in him. What happens to the one who stops believing? He will not have eternal life. Faith is – believing God no matter how. Faith in God is placement of value in God. Faith means forsaking all I trust him. The opposite of unbelief is faith. Let your faith replace your unbelief. Whoever comes to God must first of all believe that he is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Belief is very important and that is why we are called believers. We believed when we surrendered to Jesus and every second we continue to believe. It is dangerous to walk into the wilderness with an attitude of unbelief. Anyone who does not have faith cannot be victorious in the wilderness. The Bible says, anyone that is born of God overcometh the world and this is the victory that overcometh, even our faith. Faith makes you a programmed overcomer. The Bible says without faith, it is impossible to please God. Rev. 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Every true child of God should visit this scripture from time to time. Ask yourself these questions – Am I still in the way? Am I still believing? If the trumpet sounds now, will I fly? The worst thing that can happen to anyone is to be lost or trapped in the wilderness knowing that there is a Promised Land that you ought to enter. What you do in the wilderness determines whether or not you will enter the Promised Land and that is why you need to avoid the toxic attitude of unbelief. Unbelief is a limiter. Unbelief is sin. Anything that is not born out of faith is sin. Unbelief is so toxic that it can consign one to hell fire. Never associate with people who speak doubt. Mind your association.
- Lord, please remove every trace of unbelief in my heart. I choose to be a believer; I am a believer, I am not a doubter. I am not an unbeliever.
- Help me. Consolidate my belief. Help me to walk with you. Help me never to lower your standards. Help me O God to have faith in you in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, consolidate my faith in you in the mighty name of Jesus. Strengthen my shield of faith. Lord you said it, I believe it, that settles it. Thank you blessed Lord in Jesus’ name.
- As I move in this wilderness of life, grant that my faith shall be consolidated. Increase my faith in you on daily basis, increase my faith in the finished work of your Son Jesus Christ. Thank you blessed lord.
- I declare, according to your word, that as I continue to believe, I will make it to the Promised Land and your name shall be magnified in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED…….