Isa. 55:8-11, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” In other words, your seed will not be wasted anymore, your resources will no longer be wasted.
Luke 8:5-8, “A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
Your prayer is an investment and should produce results. Your Church attendance is an investment and should produce returns. Your songs and worship are investments and should produce results. One of the things that the devil specializes in doing is to reduce seeds to nothing. A major lesson you need to learn is that the devil is interested in your seed. In this parable, the word of God is the seed, in like manner, your words are seeds. The word of God is one of the greatest seeds on earth. In this parable, you will notice that the seed was sown on four different types of soil.
- On the wayside; they were trodden down and eaten by evil birds. Always remember that the devil is interested in your seed. When people come out of a very powerful meeting where the move of the Holy Spirit was so mighty; satan waits for them by the way side. It could be in form of a law enforcement agent but who is an agent of darkness. The encounter ultimately leads to loss of all the blessings from that powerful meeting; everything is reduced to zero and effort wasted. Your effort will no longer be wasted; your seed will not be wasted in the name of Jesus. Whatever attacks your seed hates you. Whatever attacks your seed does not want you to have a harvest. Its aim is to get you frustrated, dejected and depressed. Its intention is to make you quit in frustration. It wants to reduce your effort to nothing. Whatever attacks your seed does not want you to have a future.
- On Rocky soil – the seed did not have enough root to penetrate the rock and so it withered.
- On thorny place. This one grew up with the thorns but the thorns eventually choked it up.
- On good soil. It produced one hundred percent returns; a multiple harvest.
- Heavenly Father I worship you. I thank you for the generous provisions you have made in your word for my well-being here and here after. I ask you to graciously make it impossible for any of my seed to be wasted. Grant that henceforth, every of my seed will produce bountiful harvest in Jesus’ name. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED………