SEVEN FACTS ABOUT TEMPTATION VIII
6. Expect temptation at every turning point.
It was at the turning point in the ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ that the tempter appeared. Jesus was about to be revealed when the tempter came. After the temptation in the wilderness, Jesus Christ began to manifest; he declared his mission statement as contained in Luke 4:18-19, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” Thereafter miracles began to take place. He could fulfil his ministry because he was successful in the wilderness. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ succeeded, we are more than conquerors because of what he has done. Every turning point either takes you up or down. May the turning point of your life lift you in the name of Jesus. You also need to know that there is always crisis at every turning point. Be careful of what you do at every turning point. That is when you need heavenly resources the most; that is when you need the word of God the most. Stay on the word at every turning point and you will be able to tell the devil, “it is written.” “Satan get lost.”
7.The word of God remains the greatest antidote to temptation.
“It is written”. The written word is the revealed will of God. The power of the Holy Ghost that is coded in the word of God will avail for you, seal you, make you wise, empower you, grant you revelation and make you see what the tempter cannot see and bring to your remembrance everything that you should know to resist the devil so that he will flee from you.
- Lord, I thank you for your word. I bless and magnify your name. I ask you, O God, to supernaturally empower me to live above temptation all the days of my life.
- Do not allow anything that is capable of overwhelming me to come my way in the name of Jesus.
- Wherever the enemy manifests, please grant me grace to be an overcomer in the name of Jesus.
- Thank you, Lord, for the authority you have given me to trample upon serpents and scorpions. Thank you for empowering me over all the power of the enemy.
- Lord, I have not walked this path before, I depend on you. It is through you that I shall do valiantly. Help me. I put my hand in your hands and I ask you to guide me.
- Holy Spirit, be my mentor, be my shield, be my guide. Help me, empower me. Give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Teach me in Jesus name.
- Thank you, precious Holy Spirit. I receive the grace to be above only and never beneath in the name of Jesus.
You need the glory fire to keep the wild beasts away. You can keep the snake away from the garden and one of the best ways to do this is the fire of the presence of God.
- Lord, please, baptize me by fire in the name of Jesus Christ and fence every wild beast away in the name of Jesus. Fence off the wild beast as I move in this life in the name of Jesus.
- Envelop me with your glory fire and empower me to rise beyond the tempter and all his wiles and all his schemes and all his machinations in the name of Jesus.
- I can never fail because my Jesus never failed. Thank you Jesus. I celebrate your finished work on the cross of Calvary. I bless and magnify your name.
- I raise the cross against temptation and against the tempter and against every snake in the garden, in the field and in the wilderness, in Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen!