DIFFERENT CONDITIONS OF THE HEART
4. A perfect heart.
A perfect heart is patient and honest. If you take away truth from the equation, there is nothing left. God cannot help a dishonest person. Doing business with many professing Christians today is a risk. Something is terribly wrong. We must get it right in the garden of the heart. Adam missed it in the garden of Eden but Jesus settled it in the garden of Gethsemane. He was complete in obedience even to the point of dying on the cross. He prayed until he was sweating blood in the garden of Gethsemane. His meat was to do the will of the Father. He aligned with the purposive will of the Father. He depended so much on the Father. He lived in the realm of divine communion. There is no more universal benevolence in many Churches today.
- Lord, today, I hand over my life to you. You know the heart condition that I have. I ask that you give me a perfect heart. Grant that hence forth, my heart shall not grow bitterness, my heart shall not grow any perversion, my heart shall not grow distortion. My heart shall not entertain any sin. My heart shall not entertain any evil. My heart shall not entertain jealousy, envy or wickedness.
- Doctor Jesus Christ, you are the Surgeon, give me a perfect heart. Clothe me with the garment of holiness, righteousness and wisdom. Help me to guard my heart with all diligence. Grant that henceforth, the meditations of my heart will always be acceptable in your sight. Father, Let the words of my mouth always be perfect in line with your word in the name of Jesus.
- Remove every distortion and crooked way in me. Straighten my life, help me to align with your purposive will so that your blessings of righteousness will overflow in my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I look unto you from whom all blessings flow. I depend on you, it is through you alone that I shall do valiantly. Thou shall increase my greatness and comfort me on every side. Without you, I am nothing, Jesus Christ, you are my righteousness. Clothe me with garments of salvation, righteousness, majesty and strength.
- Father, clothe me with the bride’s garment of dignity, honour and strength in Jesus name. Grace to say no and to flee from every appearance of evil and to be a worthy ambassador of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, bestow upon me in Jesus name. Amen.
Take note that your reaction to the word of God is what determines your heart condition. Notice that a stony heart is shallow and easily offended by the word. Many people today get easily offended by the word. They go from one Church to the other with itching ears.
TO BE CONTINUED……….