DIFFERENT CONDITIONS OF THE HEART
2. Stony heart.
Matt. 13:20-21. “But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it. Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.” The Bible made it very clear that in the last days, wickedness will increase; men will be lovers of themselves more than lovers of God. Because of this heart condition, there is no room for the word of God to penetrate, the word cannot take root; they are there in the Church. Every Church is a mixed multitude of people; people who are not ready to receive the word, people who are not ready to grow. They have an attitude that blocks the word of God.
- Lord, please visit us; visit every member of the fellowship that has a stony heart. Lord, only you can do the heart surgery; only you can remove stone and put a heart of flesh, a heart that is amenable to your instructions. A heart that loves you more than any other thing; a heart that is tuned to the frequency of heaven.
- Give me a heart that magnifies your word; a heart that is prompt to obey you in all things in the name of Jesus. Give me a truthful heart, a heart that is right with you. Give me a perfect heart, O God. Let my heart be always right with you in the name of Jesus. Have mercy and help me in Jesus’ name.
3. Thorny heart; the heart of thorns.
I believe that this is where we have greater concentration of people today. They receive the word, they can even quote the word of God to an extent but the thorns in the heart will rise up to choke the word out. What are these thorns? Cares of the world, lust of the flesh, pride of life, lust of the eyes, the riches and pleasures of life and so on. This is why it is better to teach people character before teaching them prosperity. Sometimes error manifests in priority, sometimes, it is in the presentation and yet sometimes it is in emphasis. What comes first? The Bible says, seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. What is uppermost in your heart? This is what matters most. What is your motive? Many people are looking for a God to use to get things and not a God to worship, or serve, not even a God to obey. When they obey, it is in order to get. This is broad way Christianity and it is being celebrated today. At the end of everything, the wisest man that ever lived, Solomon’s advice was, “fear God and keep his commandment for that is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring everything to judgment whether it be good or evil”. (Ecc 12:13). Be very careful. Anything that defiles and damns the soul cannot be of God.
- Father, make heaven more real than any earthly thing can ever be as I set my heart to seek your face. Grant me the grace to walk with you, help me to be tuned to the frequency of heaven and to always do the right thing your own way in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I ask you, O God, to draw me closer to you and establish me in holiness, righteousness and wisdom. Take away the cares of this world from my heart.
- Give me a perfect heart. Remove every thorn. Anything that chokes your word in my heart, anything that does not allow your word to bear fruit, grow or germinate in my life, Lord, in the name of Jesus, furiously exterminate it in the mighty name of Jesus. Do it for me and every member of the fellowship and everyone that will connect to our meetings in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Help me not to be choked by the cares of this world in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED………..