Spiritual maturity is not in titles. Spiritual maturity is falling in love over and over again with Jesus. All the Saints were those who were so fanatically in love with Jesus. Apostle Peter who denied Jesus three times was crucified. However, before he was crucified, he made a request that his head should be turned upside down that he was not worthy to be crucified the same way his Master was crucified. Apostle Paul came to a point in his life where he said to live is Christ, to die is gain. He was purposeful. He went further to say – “that I may know him”.
Any message that is not consolidating the character of Jesus in you is actually cheating you. Jesus the Saviour of mankind. Jesus, the baptizer in the Holy Ghost. Jesus the Healer. Jesus the soon coming King. That was the message of Aimee Semple McPherson, the founder of The Foursquare Church and she finished well and strong in the Lord. She never derailed from following Christ.
- Lord, God Almighty, as I look up to you from whom all blessings flow, as I fix my eyes on you, as I trust you, help me, O God, not to seek the things that the heathen seek. Help me not to go the way of the people of this world. Help me, O God, to set my affections on the things that are above in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Help me never to reduce my salvation to money and perishable things for you have stated in your word in 1 Pet. 1:18 that we were not redeemed by corruptible things, we were redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ, the blood of better things, the blood that speaks better than the blood of bulls and the blood of Abel.
- Grant me grace to walk with you in the name of Jesus. Remove far from my heart anything that wants to pull me down. Grant me grace to elevate my pursuits to higher things in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus mighty name I pray.
- This age is winding down, you have brought me thus far, O God, help me never to miss the sound of the trumpet. Grant me grace to treasure you and to set my affections right on the things that are above. Grant that my heart shall not go to Babylon in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Help me and grant me grace to break away completely from Babylon and to connect irreversibly and irrevocably to you, our saviour. Help me to hear the music of heaven.
- Help me to fall in love with you and your Son Jesus Christ. Make a true worshipper out of me in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Grant me grace to be in the bride of Christ in Jesus’ mighty name I pray.
TO BE CONTINUED……..