Take note of the following:
A. It is not everyone that will ascend.
This scripture says who shall ascend? Some translations say who may ascend? God cannot force anyone to ascend. We have to express our will in making right decisions and the greatest decision anyone can make is to decide to follow God according to his terms and not according to our own terms. One of the things that baffle me about people who go to Church today is that they fail to realize how much they need help from God. They ride on horse top full of self as if they are the ones calling the shots while they are actually the ones who need help. They hold on to the shorter end of the stick and feel that they are the ones actually calling the shots. It is part of the contradictions that you see today.
Unfortunately, they block the help they come to seek and then conclude that God is not in the particular place where they worship. Why is the Church still producing such people? Are they aware that Jesus is coming soon? The greatest losers are those who are full of self and they are all over the place. Such people eventually become preys to all manner of charlatans and the antichrist because they are tuned to the wrong frequency. God will not allow us to stray, be deceived or deluded in the mighty name of Jesus. God will not allow us to miss his mark in holiness, righteousness, and wisdom in the name of Jesus.
- That every decision you will make this year will bring you closer to the blessings of His presence. That is where you can have the fullness of joy.
- That every decision you will make this year will be consistent with divine blueprint for your destiny.
B. Empty yourself of self.
One of the categories of people whom God cannot help are those who are full of self. In fact, God resists the proud (1 Pet. 5:5B). Pride is the idolatry of self. When you listen to a message which touches you in the wrong part, you should know that God loves you. That was the way we were brought up when we gave our lives to Christ. You just go to the altar and weep. Today, it is completely different.
- Lord, have mercy on me in the name of Jesus. I do not want to make mistakes. I want to empty myself of self. Do not allow me to be an enemy of my own progress. I want to ascend. Help me, show me the way. Show me the things that I need to drop so that I may not sink.
- Grant me the grace, O God, to clean up for nothing that is defiled can come near you. Anything that defiles and damns, Lord, roll it away from my life; remove it from me. I empty myself of self.
- Lord, fill me with Christ till the world no longer sees me but Jesus Christ shinning through me. I come to the cross and I crucify Mr flesh. I declare your world in Gal. 2:20, I proclaim that I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless, I live. Yet not I but Christ liveth in me and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith of Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, who loves me and gave his life for me.
- Lord, have mercy on me, in any way Lord, that I have manifested this very cheap sin of pride, I repent. Clean me, help me in Jesus name.
TO BE CONTINUED….