Jesus is still looking for fruits. Remember what he did to the fruitless fig tree. Can you find any fruit of the Holy Spirit in a lion? No! Can you find any of the fruit of the Holy Spirit in an eagle? No! So, why become a lion? Why become an eagle? Let’s not celebrate what God calls abomination.
How did Jesus describe the Laodicean Church? “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eye with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent” (Rev. 3:15-19).
What brought the Church to this level? The prosperity message! If you give, you will get but you don’t need to be saved to get because you gave. It is a law that works for both believers and unbelievers alike. Gen. 8:22, “While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.” It is a very dangerous theology. The Bible is very clear – by their fruits you shall know them (Matt 7:16). Whenever you are confused, do a fruit test!
- If you are attending a Church where the truth of God’s word is not being forcefully emphasized, you are in a wrong place.
- If you are attending a Church where sin is not preached against with vigour, with aggression in this end time, you are in a wrong place.
- If you are attending a Church where the measure of success is in the beauty and size of the Cathedral and where they teach you to give before teaching you how to be a worshipper, you have missed it.
- If you are attending a place where the second coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and right living are not being emphasized, you are probably in a wrong place.
- If you are attending a place where everything has been reduced to money, run! The only place where you need money is here. Nobody can take a dime out of this world.
TO BE CONTINUED……….