Always remember the word of the Lord in
“Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled”.Hebrews 12:15 KJV
It is possible to fall out of grace! You will not fall out of grace this year in the name of Jesus.
Bitterness brings trouble. Your bitterness attacks joy. Where there is bitterness, there can never be joy. Where there is bitterness, there cannot be peace. Wherever bitterness operates, the spirit of grace departs. The Holy Spirit is a gentle spirit, a pure spirit, the spirit of sanctification; the moment the environment is not conducive for him, he takes his leave. He does not strive with anybody.
One of the things that drive away the presence of God is bitterness. When the spirit of God leaves, demons will take over because there is no vacuum in the realm of the spirit. This is something deliverance ministers should take note of; that as you are casting out demons, you must get the person filled with the Holy Spirit so that there will not be a vacuum.
Is there anyone you are still holding in unforgiveness? He who holds someone down is also down. The way to lift is to release. The power of grace can be shortened by sin. Isa. 59:1-2, “Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear”.
The power of grace can be diminished. One can fall out of grace. Some preaching of grace gives you the impression that once you are in grace you can do whatever you like. That is not the real grace. We have a responsibility. We can say NO to any intrusion of demonic powers into the gardens of our heart. That is where the greatest battle is fought.
Is there anyone you are still holding in unforgiveness in any way? Is there resentment in your heart? Is there any root of bitterness in you? Bitterness has roots. Heb. 12:14 says, “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord”. This scripture is very emphatic. Let nobody kid you. If your grace is not leading you to live a holy life, it is not the grace of the Bible. True grace empowers you to live righteously.
There are various environmental situations that try to distract your attention but you must learn to hold your peace. It is difficult to maintain that level in the world that we live today; there are lots and lots of distractions, things calling for your attention and so many bad news around. In spite of all these, you can still keep yourself undefiled. You can guard your heart with all diligence because if it were not possible, God will not ask us to do it.
We have a responsibility. God has done his part. Jesus has done his part. Holy Spirit is ready to do his part, are we willing to do our part? We have a part to play. Nobody is going to usurp or violate your will. Though the devil is a rascal but he does not just jump at people. He needs to get a buy-in before he can get a foothold. One of the ways he gets this buy-in is through the root of bitterness. Unforgiving spirit is a very dangerous and evil spirit. It defiles and whatever is defiled attracts demons. Satan is a dust eater. Leviathan thrives in filth. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of sanctification, the spirit of holiness – the spirit that makes you a saint. God cannot use a vessel that is defiled. God uses vessels of honour.
- Father, I ask that you make me a vessel of honour fit for the master’s use in the name of Jesus Christ. Clean me up, I want to be clean in every way.
- Help me to release forgiveness to those who have hurt me (mention their names right now and release them).
- Ask God not to allow you to hold anyone in unforgiveness for the rest of your of your life. Father, help me never again to hold anyone in unforgiveness for the rest of my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Grant me grace to live above bitterness. Grant me the grace to live above resentment. Grant me the grace to live above any form of defilement. Grant me grace to live above any form of impurity. Grant me grace to live above worry, fear and anxiety in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Grant me the grace to live above only and never to be beneath.
- Grant me the grace to be all you want me to be. Grant me the grace to be pure, to dazzle in the spirit realm.
- Put upon me the garments of salvation, righteousness, majesty and strength, the bride’s garment of honour and strength in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your grace abound and abide in me as I journey through life in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED.