Anyone with a lying spirit is a gate of hell (John 8:44). Every liar is a child of satan. For the avoidance of doubt, read Rev. 21:8 and Rev. 21:27. All liars will end in the lake of fire. The worst gate is the gate of hell and the greatest tragedy is to miss heaven. The cheapest gateway to hell is lying, it is the commonest sin. It is satan’s first joker and it is going to be his last. Note that there is no small sin and no big sin, in other words, there is no classification of sin. Sin is sin! Lying is as serious as idolatry, witchcraft and murder. Liars are great losers. When you lie, it changes your spiritual configuration. Lying produces a spiritual odour that brings defilement and attracts demons. Lying makes people spiritually naked (this is one of the worst things that can happen to you in the spirit realm). The stench of lying attracts demons. Lying is a neutralizer of blessings. Whenever you tell a lie, you short circuit the flow; you unplug from the river of life and automatically become dry. Nobody is clever enough to cover his lies. Lying kills initiative. There is a close relationship between purity and performance and between honesty and performance.
The worst lie is the one you tell yourself. Your true size is your truth size! Lying reduces your spiritual stature. In the final analysis, everything will be reduced to your truth size. Those who live a lie have no life. Anything built on lie has not future. Lying is a seed and the harvest is ultimate destruction. Gal.6:7. What are you sowing? What is in the garden of your heart? Don’t allow anyone to dump on you. You must take responsibility for your actions.
Deception leads to derailment of God’s purpose. Study I Kgs. 13. Do not allow anyone derail the purpose of God for your life. In Matt. 16:23, Peter became a gate of hell! How? Anyone who tries to derail the purpose of God for your life is a gate of hell. Jesus discerned that it was not really Peter that spoke; he confronted that gate of hell by rebuking the spirit.
How can you confront the gate of hell/lying?
- Confront your lies. If you don’t, you will end up in hell
- Decide never to tell one again and ask God to help you.
- Eat and digest the word of God. John 8:32. It is the truth you know that will enable you discern error.
- Cultivate friendship with the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:14. He is the teacher. If you work in partnership with the Holy Spirit, He will guide you. Allow him to coach and mentor you. He is the revealer of secrets; He will tell you things you need to know well ahead.
- Bind the spirit of deception. Mathew 18:18. To bind means to forbid.
- Stop toying with the truth of God’s word.
- Flee from every appearance of evil. Who are your friends, who are your associates? Are they gates of heaven or gates of hell?
- Heavenly Father, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, please increase my spiritual sensitivity.
- Admit and confess your lies.
- Sprinkle the blood of Jesus Christ upon the garden of your heart.
- Heavenly Father, make it impossible for me or any member of my family to be a victim deception in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Use the power in the name of Jesus Christ as the key of David to shut any gate of deception opened against you and against your family.
- Bind the spirit of deception in your life.
- Decree your eternal dominion over lies and over deception.