DOMINION OVER DARKNESS (PART XI) DEALING WITH THE SPIRIT OF PERVERSION
7. Do not forsake the gathering of true believers. You need it. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. The word you receive in such gatherings are spirit and they are life. “Iron sharpeneth iron”. Prov. 27:17A.
8. You must covet the gift of discerning of spirits. This is a powerful gift that will make you see the snake from afar. If you can discern, you can disarm.
9. Be prayerful. Jesus so prayed in the garden of Gethsemane that he sweated blood praying without ceasing. There is no short cut. You must be full of fire. It takes fire to keep the wild beast away. It takes fire to glitter. When the fire of the presence of God comes, it burns away the dross and the glory of God will be revealed. You will begin to dazzle in glory; every dross will melt by fire. Fire of the presence of God makes you look younger; the fire burns away everything that should not be in your body.
10. Learn to hear God if you want to walk in dominion over the spirit of perversion. God communicates, he speaks regularly to his people and he speaks in consistence with his word – the logos and the rhema. Learn to capture the proceeding word that comes from him. Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice” not my goat or lion. Until you begin to hear, you cannot be a son because “as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God”. Rom. 8:14.
11. Go to the cross on a daily basis. Nobody ever outgrows the need for going to the cross. Jesus said if you want to be his disciple, you must carry your cross and follow him on a daily basis. One of the greatest revelations of the cross is that the cross is the place of exchange; you go there to exchange your weaknesses for his strength, your foolishness for his wisdom, your sorrow for his joy, your disappointments for his dependability, your failures for his success, your bondage for his liberty and so on. You go there to drop your filth for his righteousness. You go to the cross to clean up. By the time you are coming out of the place, you would have put on his righteousness like a cloak.
12. Be sober; be vigilant. Many times the devil will come to stir up things because he wants you to follow his signal. What do you do? You must be calm. You must hold your peace because you have learnt to be sober; you must keep your head. That is when you can ask God ‘what shall I do?’ “In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength”. Isa. 30:15. You will receive a signal from God; he will tell you what to do. God will give you the strategy that will crush the snake. When the lion and dragon come; because you are tuned to the frequency of heaven, because you are connected to the Almighty, because you have received a strategy from God, you will trample them under feet.
13. Use the authority of the believer against the spirit of perversion. Matt. 18:18 says, “Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven”. To bind means to forbid, whatever you forbid is forbidden. Hate perversions enough to forbid them. The devil knows when you are serious about the things you are binding. Anything you tolerate, you cannot dominate, you cannot change what you tolerate. If you want to have dominion over the spirit of perversion, you must, of necessity, hate the spirit of perversion with perfect hatred.
TO BE CONTINUED.