WHY DO PEOPLE PATRONIZE FALSE PROPHETS?
2. Impatience. This is the spirit of quick fix. People no longer want to climb; rather, they want to soar. Motivational preachers are not helping matters either. There is joy in process. Isa. 28:10 says, “For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little”, that is exactly how the Lord leads.
3. The spirit of ‘get it at all cost, whatever it takes’. Desperation. The Machiavellian principle – the end justifies the means.
4. The spirit of me-tooism. Me-tooism is a very strong factor in consumer behavior. It is the spirit of ‘me too’, the herd mentality. The crowd does not think and they go nowhere. The Bible says, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God’. Rom. 8:14. A child of God must not do things because others are doing them, do things because God is leading you.
5. Lack of discernment; inability to discern. They cannot discern because they are not properly connected to the Holy Spirit. Discerning of spirits is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Nobody can be wiser than the Holy Spirit. If you are not discerning, you will wine, dine and frolic with snakes, in the process, you will be bitten, seduced, deceived, de-robbed and debased.
What are the Solutions?
- Know the truth. Dan. 11:32 “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits”. If you deal treacherously with the covenant (the word of God), the antichrist will corrupt you. If you are not properly grounded in the word of God, you are a candidate for deception. John 8:32 says, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”.
- Be filled with the Holy Spirit. Eph. 5:18 “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit”. This is a command. Everybody is filled with something; some people are full of self, some are full of greed and so on.
- Ask for the gift of discerning of Spirit. Study 1 Cor. 12:1-13, verse 10 says, “To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kings of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”.
- Cultivate patience. It is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit according to Gal. 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law”.
- Watch and pray. Be prayerful. There is no short cut. If you want to walk in dominion over the false prophet, you must be prayerful. Don’t rush into things. If you don’t know the will of God concerning an issue, pray what I call blocking prayer – ‘Lord, you have seen my heart, I have never walked this path before, please if you are not in this thing, stop me”. Heaven will answer that prayer with dispatch.
- Be a God chaser. Amos 5:6 “Seek the LORD, and ye shall live …” Jesus said “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”. Matt. 6:33. Anyone not connected to God is not living. The greatest success factor is the God factor.
TO BE CONTINUED