God instructed the children of Israel to utterly destroy idolatry in Deut. 12:1-4 “These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the LORD God of thy fathers giveth to thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth. Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: and ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place. Ye shall not do so unto the LORD your God (KJV)”.
When God is dealing with idolatry, he is not dealing with it with lightly. Why? The evil you fail to destroy will eventually contaminate and consume you. You don’t frolic with evil, you crush it. He even said that you should obliterate their names (the names of the idols).
Today, dominion over idolatry is only possible through Christ, the eternal Son of the Living God. The first Adam fell because he was not a true worshipper, the second Adam not only succeeded, he excelled because he was a consummate worshipper. He said ‘My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work’. Jesus showed us how to succeed, he showed us how to be a worshipper, he showed us how to be a true worshipper. He said “The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. John 5:19. “I and my Father are one.” John 10:30. As he is so I am.
The number one consecrated worshipper is Jesus. To be a worshipper without being consecrated is an anomaly, an aberration. Through Christ, we shall do valiantly. May the love of Christ continue to wax stronger and stronger in our heart in the name of Jesus. Strive to be a consecrated worshipper. If you become a consecrated worshipper, heaven will back you up to excel. In addition, God’s loving care will never depart from you.
The first step you need to take if you want to deal with idolatry is the weapon of PERSONAL REPENTANCE. Idolatry does not give until you disconnect. There are altars that are still active in your family compound. You must go to God first in personal repentance.
- Use Psa. 139:23-24 to pray. “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (KJV)”.
- Lord, I am sorry for entertaining any idol, I am sorry for harbouring any idol in my heart. I declare that I was wrong, please forgive me, today, cleanse me, and purify my heart in the name of Jesus.
- The next level is called IDENTIFICATIONAL REPENTANCE using Jer. 14:20-22 “We acknowledge, O LORD, our wickedness, and the iniquity of our fathers: for we have sinned against thee. Do not abhor us, for thy name’s sake, do not disgrace the throne of thy glory: remember, break not thy covenant with us. Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Art not thou he, O LORD, our God? therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things” (KJV). Lord, we acknowledge our wickedness, our fathers missed it completely; they served other gods, we acknowledge that this was evil in your sight. Please forgive us this evil and cleanse us, wash us, purge us, purify us and make us holy and acceptable unto you, in the name of Jesus.
- The next level is RENUNCIATION. Acts 19:18 “Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver” (KJV). I renounce every trace of idolatry over my life, over my family, over my destiny. I renounce satanic priesthood of idolatry. I renounce the control of evil altars, I renounce any evil altar wheresoever my name is mentioned or the name of any member of my family is mentioned. I renounce idolatry in all its entirety in the name of Jesus. I renounce every claim of idolatry over my life, over my destiny and over the destiny of my children, in the name of Jesus. Take Note – After renouncing, search your home and burn everything that is contaminated with idolatry, burn the images that you have been bowing to; dismantle that altar in your sitting room; it is an altar of baal. Overturn and overthrow it so that your heavens may be open.
- REDEDICATE your life to Jesus Christ. Psa. 93:1 “The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved” (KJV). I rededicate my life to Jesus Christ, God’s Son and I declare his lordship over my body, over my soul, over my spirit, over my mind, my emotion, my initiative, my personality, my family. Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, reign in every facet of my life. Reign in my family, reign in my business, reign in my ministry, reign the lives of my children and in the life of my wife/husband, reign in every facet of my life. Make haste to answer me, O God; I enthrone you, in Jesus name. You are the King of kings, Lord of lords, the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Thank you, Master Jesus; my redeemer, my king forever, in Jesus name.
TO BE CONTINUED . . .