The programme started on a note of thanksgiving to the Lord for his immeasurable and boundless blessings. Using Psalm 40:5 and Psa. 92:1, the Pastor emphasized that the best thing to do at all times especially at a time such as this is to thank God profusely. Once you set your heart to thank God, you will experience peace of heart. Thanksgiving makes you focus on God and on his generousity and goodness, it makes you focus on the almightiness of God. What you focus on is what gets magnified. Whether you realize it or not, God has been more than wonderful to you so the best thing you can do is to acknowledge him. one thing you can never overdo is thanksgiving, so make it one of your daily routines.
Psa 119:33-40 (KJV)
Vs 33 – “Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end”. Lord, as we set our heart to seek your face, teach us the way of your statutes, teach everyone that will participate in this programme your ways in the mighty name of Jesus. Draw us closer to you so that we may know you better and so that we may be established in holiness, in righteousness and in wisdom. Grant us the grace to be steadfast to the end, help us to remain on course all the days of our lives, help us never to derail, help us to walk with you, deliver us from distractions, deliver us from detractors, deliver us from destruction, deliver us from delusion. Keep us on track unto the end. Help us to be steadfast in following you, help us to walk hand in hand with you in the name of Jesus. Let your name be magnified in every facet of our lives and help us to know you more. Help us, O Lord, to love what you love and to hate what you hate in the mighty name of Jesus.
Vs 34 – “Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart”. Understanding is the golden key, Solomon asked for it and he got everything. There are seven pillars of wisdom and understanding is one of them. It is the key that will unlock every gate for you. Understanding will make your marriage to succeed, it will help you make valid decisions. It takes understanding to be on track. Many people commit sin because they lack understanding of cause and effect. The instruction you follow determines the future you create, it determines your prosperity, destination and success. If God, your mentor has given you a blue print, you have no right to subtract from it. Pray – Heavenly Father, I know that you have a blue print for my life, please give me understanding to follow your instructions, grant me the grace not to violate your will and help me not to deviate from your laws. Let your perfect will be done in every facet of my life in Jesus name.
Vs35 – “Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight”. Heavenly Father, grant me the grace to faithfully follow you according to your terms, help me to celebrate your word and instructions. Help me, O God, to be committed to your ways and to run my life according to your purpose in Jesus name.
Vs 36 – “Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness”. Lord, let my heart pant after you, let my heart never deviate from your will. Help me to celebrate your word, help me to celebrate your essence, help me never to deviate from your path, in the mighty name of Jesus.
One of the greatest problems of man today is that of covetousness which is idolatry. According to Hosea 7:1, 8 & 9, God gives you gold to build his temple and for you to worship him but you made the gold your god instead. Anything you place side by side God in your heart is idolatry; for some it is their career, for others it is their possessions. Pray – Lord, anything I have placed side by side you in my heart, today, I ask for mercy, please forgive me for worshipping other gods and for pursuing things that should be pursuing me. Lord, every lie I have ever told because of money, I repent, please forgive me, in any way that I have coveted, please forgive me and uproot every seed of corruption from my heart. Lord, please remove the love of money from my heart and help me to love you above gold; help me never to worship mammon or gold. Remove the seed of idolatry from my life in Jesus name. Lord, any wicked way that I have imbibed, I am sorry, I drop it at the feet of the cross of Christ and I receive sanctification by the cleansing ministry of the blood of Christ from every defilement. I renounce idolatry in all its ramifications and in all its operations. Please keep me on track, O God, that I may know you more, in Jesus name.
Vs 37 – “Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way”. You cannot focus on divinity if you have not turned your eyes away from vanity. There is no way you can behold the glory if your eyes are fixed on vanity. Pray – Heavenly Father, turn away my eyes from beholding vanity, deliver me from beholding vanity and help me to be focused on you in the name of Jesus. Quicken me and establish me in your ways, establish me in holiness, in righteousness and in wisdom in Jesus name.
Vs38-40 – Lord, turn away every reproach associated with my life and my family in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, may I come out of this fast glowing and shinning for Christ, make your glory, O God, to be overwhelming in every area of my life. Awesome God, do that which only you can do thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus name.
- Dan. 9:19 – O Lord, hear, O Lord, forgive, O Lord, listen to me and act as I seek your face, don’t delay, for your own sake, O my God, because your people and your city bear your name, in the name of Jesus.
- Jer. 17:7-8 – Lord, you alone can heal me, you alone can save me, my praises are for you alone. I depend on you O God and I ask you to make the remaining part of this year the most prosperous, the most successful, the most blessed, the most blissful and the most impactful. Make the remaining part of this year the best that I have ever known in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O God who crowns the year with his goodness, please crown this year for me with your goodness, cause my path to drop your supernatural abundance, increase my greatness and comfort me on every side. Enlarge my coasts, satisfy me with the goodness of your house, answer me by awesome deeds in righteousness, show me your glory. Keep my world in perfect peace so that I may not be distracted. Thank you, mighty God. I put my hands in your hands and I depend on you, I declare that through you, I shall do valiantly. In you I live and move and have my being.
- Stretch forth your hand, O God, and plead my cause with them that strive with me, fight against them that fight against me, take hold of shield and buckler and stand for my help. Avenge me of all my adversaries and let the thunder of your power silence every voice of the adversary in the name of Jesus.
- I raise the blood of Jesus against every form of retaliatory attack, I raise the blood of Jesus against every bewitchment and against the forces of darkness. I rule over them in Jesus name.
- I proclaim my comprehensive dominion over darkness, in Jesus name.
- I am light, in Jesus name. Amen.