Text: Isa. 58:8-12
“If you do these things, God will shed his own glorious light upon you. He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward and goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. Then, when you call, the Lord will answer. “Yes, I am here,” he will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak, and to stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors! Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Your sons will rebuild the long-deserted ruins of your cities, and you will be known as “The People Who Rebuild Their Walls and Cities.”
Yesterday, we established that it is not every fast that is acceptable to God. We further examined the things that constitute barriers to our fast. We are now qualified to enjoy the blessings of the acceptable fast. The most difficult aspect of intercession is consecration; it involves telling yourself the truth about your true condition, unfortunately, many people gloss over this. The truth is that without proper consecration, your prayer will not fly. You must tell God where you missed it. The quality of your repentance is according to the level of your remorsefulness and determination to turn away from your sins. That is the true meaning of repentance. True repentance is not complete without the blood of Jesus, appropriating the blood of Jesus leads to consecration. When you do this, your prayers will fly, before you finish asking, God will answer.
- God’s glorious light will shine. Light is life, light drives away darkness, when you are in the light, your decisions will be accurate, the glorious light of God that shines from his throne will envelop your path all through the year. When the glorious light of God is shinning, you will not miss the mark; no satanic agent, witch or wizard will be able to withstand you. Remember that there is the overwhelming glory which is your greatest and surest protection. Pray – Lord, as I set my heart to seek your face in prayer and fasting, let your glorious light shine upon my path, illuminate my path to success and drive away every dark spot in my life. Let your blessings rest upon me and shield me from all the antics of evil powers and from every attack of the enemy. Lord, anywhere I appear, let darkness disappear because of your glorious light in Jesus name. Where the light of God is shinning, there is no sickness, his presence guarantees you wholesomeness and comprehensive wellbeing. The first time I had an encounter with the Light it was so bright and indescribable. It was so overwhelming that it swept me out of bed. The Light announced himself as the Holy Spirit of Christ and we literally began to glide without any obstacle, obstruction or barrier. The beautiful thing about it is that the presence of God will give you confident assurance. One of the blessings we enjoy in our walk with God is the blessing of seeing barriers removed. You will no longer be forsaken because of the light; you will magnetize the blessings of God and all hinderances will melt in the name of Jesus. When that light is shinning, there will be recognition, international connections and you will never again be forsaken.
- God will heal us. Sickness and diseases shall be far away from your body, soul, spirit, home and family, you will not spend money on hospital bills.
- Your godliness will lead you forward. There is promotion in godliness. It is not your smartness, political affiliations or connections that will move you forward, it is your godliness. It is godliness that will win the world, not compromise. There is an angel called Goodness, that angel will shield you. Declare – I am moving forward in Jesus name. Goodness will be a shield before me. Goodness and mercy shall follow me wherever I go, in Jesus name.
- The glory of God will protect you from behind. It is when the glory departs that all manner of terrible things begin to happen but where the glory is, no wild beast can operate. The greatest protection is the glory shield. When the enemy tries to attack you and fails, he will try to make you commit sin because he knows that sin will cut short the glory of God. With this revelation, however, you will not give in to sin and your glorious light will not be touched in Jesus name. The glory of God will not only be a shield for you but for every member of your family as they go out and come in, in Jesus name.
- You will have speedy answer to your prayers
- Your light will shine and darkness will disappear.
- You will have divine direction. Stretch forth your hand and say, Lord, guide me, help me, I need your divine guidance. Going forward, make it impossible for me to take wrong decisions. Eternal Rock of Ages, make it impossible for me to ever take any wrong decision again. I ask you to guide me, lead me on and help me. Let all my decisions be directed by the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.
- He will satisfy us with all good things. Pray – the Lord will satisfy me with all good things, I shall be pleasantly satisfied. The Lord shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ. 2019 is my year of abundant life, abundant life is my portion in this land of the living. The blessings of God that make rich and do not add sorrow is my portion, everywhere I go, I shall prosper and flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. I will yet bear fruit in old age, I shall be fat and flourishing to show that the Lord is righteous. Every programme of scarcity is terminated. The Lord will satisfy me from the goodness of his house and answer me by awesome deeds in righteousness. The Lord shall bless me and all the ends of the earth shall fear him, he will increase my greatness and comfort me on every side. The Lord shall bless me with heaven’s blessings as well as human joy in the name of Jesus.
- The Lord will keep you healthy. The Lord will keep you healthy, wealthy and make you wise. You will never lack any of the good things that follow them that serve the living God. Every part of your body shall be healthy, the Lord shall renew your youth, you will mount up with wings like the eagle, you will run and not be weary, you shall walk and not faint. You will not retire, you will re-fire, in the name of Jesus.
- You shall be like a well-watered Garden. Pray – I shall be like a well-watered garden in the mighty name of Jesus. No dryness whatsoever, no barrenness whatsoever, my fruit shall abide in the name of Jesus. Our children shall be for signs and wonders doing divine exploits and they shall not be exploited. God will use them mightily to rebuild the bridges. The Lord shall make their heads stronger than the heads of their enemies in the mighty name of Jesus.
There are four (4) categories of blessing: –
- Health and Righteousness. Mal. 4:2 says, “But unto you that fear my name shall the Son of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.” Healing is part of our heritage.
- Answered Prayer. What keeps me praying? It is because God answers my prayers. Why is Holy Ghost Fellowship International relevant? It is because we celebrate answered prayers and we will continue to celebrate it in Jesus name.
- Guidance and fruitfulness. When God guides, he protects and provides so there will be fruits and divine guidance. He will guide you through his Holy Spirit and mentor you to all fruitfulness.
- Restoration. Everything the enemy has ever tampered with or stolen from you will be restored. The years that were eaten by the locust, caterpillar, palmerworm and the cankerworm will be restored in Jesus name. The Lord shall bless us and all the ends of the earth shall fear him. You shall not fast in vain in the name of Jesus. You will have definite trophies to dedicate in the name of Jesus. You will shout in triumph and the glory of God will be manifest in the mighty name of Jesus.