“If the Lord had not been on our side (let all Israel admit it), if the Lord had not been on our side, we would have been swallowed alive by our enemies, destroyed by their anger. We would have drowned beneath the flood of these men’s fury and pride” Psalm 124:1-5 TLB
Imagine what would have happened if the devil were omnipotent. No child of God would sleep and wake up. Thank God he is not. God is.
A study of the life of David shows he went through a series of challenges during his lifetime. There were times torrents of problems swept over him, threatening to drown him like a raging flood. He faced some wild beasts, giants, and hostile armies. At a time, he had to flee for his life, and seek refuge among people who once were his enemies. He experienced the rejection and doubt of his family. The king whom he had served faithfully turned against him and sought kill him.
Interestingly, God did not prevent him from going through these challenges. However, God always was with him, and David recognized that God made the difference in his life. David was addicted to God’s presence. He was a man of prayer and praise.
The presence of God does not guarantee a trouble-free existence; it does guarantee a victorious living. Faith does not make things easy. It makes things possible. If it had not been God who was on David’s side he would have drowned beneath the flood of fury and pride of his adversaries.
Are you faced with any challenge? Don’t be surprised or feel discouraged, defeated, or overwhelmed. Remember, you are not insulated from problems just because you believe in God or seek to serve Him. Like David, learn to maximize your God connection. Leverage on prayer and praise. With God on your side, you will be victorious. He will protect you, provide for you, strengthen you with His right hand of righteousness, guide you, and perfect everything that concerns you. God is on your side. You are unbeatable.
- Give your life to Christ. Say the simple prayer below:
- Dear Heavenly Father, I worship you. I acknowledge that I am a sinner. Please have mercy on me and forgive all my sins. Jesus Christ son of the Living God, I unreservedly surrender my life to you. I confess that you died and rose from the dead for me. Please be my Lord and personal saviour, and grant me grace to live for you all the days of my life. Thank you so much, Lord Jesus. I proclaim I am born again.
- Worship God from the depth of your heart.
- Give Him praise.
- Celebrate His faithfulness.
- Acknowledge His loving kindness towards you.
- Thank Him for the visible and invisible battles He has fought and won for you.
- Rededicate your life to Jesus.
- Repent of any wrong spiritual attitude (worry, fear, anxiety, resentment, strife, malice, doubt, discouragement, depression, etc).
- Plead the Blood of Jesus.
- Ask God to intervene in any challenge facing you (be specific).
- Use Psalm 65:1 to declare: “Praise awaits you oh God in every facet of my life………………”
- Sing praises to God for answered prayers.
- God is on your side. You will surely shout in triumph over all your adversaries in Jesus name . AMEN!