“When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language; Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion. The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back. The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs. What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? Thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back? Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs? Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob; which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters.”
One of the things that fasting does is that it draws you closer to the fire of God’s presence. You need this fire to break into the enemy’s territory to take back what was taken away from you. Right from the time of John the Baptist the kingdom suffers violence and the violent take it by force. Spiritual violence is real; there is no place for coldness in the things of God. One of the things you need to do as the year progresses is to consolidate, do not stop. Do not play games with your relationship with God, recognize that your life depends on it. Your true life is your life in Christ Jesus. Take that life seriously. That is the life he came to give. Anyone who misses him misses life. This is life eternal. That they might know thee the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent John 17:3. A lot of people are living corpses. Anyone who does not have the life of Christ has no life at all, such a person is separated from God. Jesus is the connection.
- Lord, help me not to play games with my relationship with you. Help me to place more value and pay the necessary attention I need to pay in my relationship with you.
- Help me to make hay while the sun still shines in the name of Jesus.
The Bible says in Isa 40:31, they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and be weary and they shall walk and not faint. In the realm of the spirit, you actually run before you walk. Why is that? You run because there is a lot of catching up to do. You run before you start coasting. Put this key to use immediately. We have been waiting upon the Lord, running, so that we can mount up with wings like eagle’s. Let the desire to be in his presence continue to be in your heart even after the fasting and prayer programme.
The above Psalm is a psalm of his presence. The pure fire of God, the glory fire, is not found on the surface. The fire is found in the holy of holies, the holiest place. Always be ahead in your pursuit of God. Try to be a God chaser. This is the best pursuit. Remember that whatever you chase will always be ahead of you, so why not chase higher things so that even if they are ahead of you, you will at least be high enough.
- Lord, let your presence be intensified in my life, every moment, second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year and all the days of my life as I progress, let the fire of your presence get more intensified in every area of my life.
- Lord, let mountains skip. Let the red sea be driven away. Let every obstacle, marine blockade dry up; drain the swamp in the name of Jesus. Lord, crush every wild beast.
- Let the fire of your presence dismantle and destroy every evil altar set upon my path. Let your glory burst forth and let Jesus be magnified as you work out your plans for my destiny.
- Burn up everything the enemy has thrown at me in the name of Jesus. Thank you mighty God. I give you praise. I will write new songs to celebrate the victories you give me, in Jesus mighty name I pray.
TO BE CONTINUED……..