SEVEN TOXIC ATTITUDES TO AVOID IN THE WILDERNESS X
Avoid the following toxic attitudes like plagues if you want to have victory in the wilderness: –
Rev. 21:8, “But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” No fearful person will make it to the Promised Land. 2 Tim. 1:7 says, “For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” If God has not given it to you, what business have you entertaining it? FEAR is an acronym for “False Evidence Appearing Real”. It makes people to have what one may call “Grasshopper mentality”. Why the fearful will not make it to the promised land is because they are already defeated before the war. The only people that are rewarded in heaven are overcomers.
Fear is the opposite of faith, and the two are mutually exclusive. Confront your fears with faith and you will find that fear has no substance. Those who will make it to the promised land are those who are ready to say like Caleb “Give me this mountain”. The greatest antidote to fear is the manifest presence of God. Walk in the consciousness of the presence of God, then you can say like the Psalmist in Psalm 23:4-6 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”
- Lord, thank you that you have not given me the spirit of fear but the spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind. I worship and adore you. Thank you Lord, in Jesus name.
- You spirit of fear, I come against you in the name of Jesus Christ. I plead the blood of Jesus Christ against you. I overcome you and I bind you today. I cast you into the abyss, I destroy your works and terminate your operation. Thus far you come, you go no further in the name of Jesus.
- I confess that though the giants might be on their way to hinder, God will surely give me victory.
- I proclaim that in Christ Jesus I am more than a conqueror and through him I shall do valiantly.
- I will make it to the Promised Land and take possession of all my possessions in Jesus name. Amen!