What are some of the things that can hinder us from delighting ourselves in the Lord?
1. Encumbrances in our heart.
Being busy like Martha who was busy with household chores to the extent that she neglected the presence of Jesus Christ. Mary, however, knew how to connect. She was not a worker but a consummate worshipper. She was completely devoted to her relationship with Jesus Christ that she placed so much value on it. The truth is that the love of God will ultimately propel you into his presence. A lot of people claim that they love God but a closer look at their preferences will reveal the truth. Nobody can fool God. You cannot be in love and not be passionate. Where is your affection? To what are you devoting most of your time? That is the exact measure of where your heart is. Where a man’s treasure is, that is where his heart will be.
- Lord, please relieve me of all the things that are pulling me out of your presence. Anything that wants to pull me out of your love or that wants to take your place in my heart, and does not want me to be a true worshiper, Lord, remove it from my life in the name of Jesus.
- Help me to be a worshipper. Make me a consummate worshipper in the name of Jesus Christ. Help me, O God, to fall in love over and over again with Jesus Christ.
- Where you are is where I want to be. Make me a person of your presence and let the blessings of your presence increase and multiply in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Let my heart always be right and stay on course with you in the name of Jesus.
- Supernaturally empower me by your spirit to fulfil your purpose and never to be distracted.
- Deliver me from encumbrances. Deliver me from distractions. Deliver me from pursuing shadows. Deliver me from being a workaholic. Make me a worshipper in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED…………