Verse 3 – “First, I want to remind you that in the last days there will come scoffers who will do every wrong they can think of, and laugh at the truth.”
Apostle Peter warns against scoffers. Who are the scoffers? They do every wrong they can think of and laugh at the truth.
- Lord, deliver every scoffer, let them break away from their wicked ways and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Jesus, reveal yourself to them. May they have personal encounter with you that will change their ways in the name of Jesus.
- Let the spirit of conviction be released particularly in the heart of any who has ever tasted the truth but is now struggling with it, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Verse 11 – “And so since everything around us is going to melt away, what holy, godly lives we should be living!”
This is where we ought to set our heart. Many activities in the Church today are earth bound preparing people only for this earth that is about to dissolve.
- Lord, please help me in the name of Jesus Christ, to get my priorities right. Help me to break away from anything that is earthbound. Help me to be heavenly minded. Help me to live ready and not just be ready but to live in readiness of your soon coming in the name of Jesus. Lord, get me prepared.
- Help me to set my affections right, help me to set my affections to heaven where my treasure is in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Thank you Lord Jesus for the new heaven and new earth that is coming where there will be goodness and no evil at all. That is where I want to live the rest of my life. Lord, grant that every member of my family will be there. Grant that every member of Holy Ghost Fellowship International will be there. Grant that none of us will miss it in the end in the name of Jesus Christ.
Verse 14, “Dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen and for him to come, try hard to live without sinning; and be at peace with everyone so that he will be pleased with you when he returns”.
- Lord, grant me grace to live a sin free life and to be at peace with everyone so that you will be happy whenever you look upon me. When you return, may you be happy with me in the name of Jesus Christ. I pray for every member of my family and every member of Holy Ghost Fellowship International, grant us this grace O God, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Verse 15-16, “And remember why he is waiting. He is giving us time to get his message of salvation out to others. Our wise and beloved brother Paul talked about these same things in many of his letters. Some of his comments are not easy to understand, and there are people who are deliberately stupid, and always demand some unusual interpretation – they have twisted his letters around to mean something quite different from what he meant, just as they do the other parts of the Scripture – and the result is disaster for them.”
Have you ever come across someone who tells you something completely different from what the Bible says? Apostle Paul, the apostle of grace, asked the question in Romans 6:2: shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!
Verse 17-18, “I am warning you ahead of time, dear brothers, so that you can watch out and not be carried away by the mistakes of these wicked men, lest you yourselves become mixed up too. But grow in spiritual strength and become better acquainted with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be all glory and splendid honor, both now and forevermore”
- Lord, help me to grow in spiritual strength. Eternal Rock of Ages, empower me to grow in spiritual strength in the name of Jesus. Empower every member of my family to grow in spiritual strength. Empower Holy Ghost Fellowship International to grow in spiritual strength in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Empower us to break away from superfluity of naughtiness and grow in spiritual strength in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you mighty God, we depend on you in Jesus’ name. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED…….