Take note of the following:
D. Anything that is bitter attracts demons CONT’D.
Never you embark on any spiritual exercise, voyage or assignment at all with any trace of bitterness or unforgiveness in your heart. This is what is going to debar a lot of people from flying. A man had a minor issue with his wife and because he is an evangelist, he decided to lock himself up in the room instead of committing sin. On realizing her mistake, his wife started knocking and pleading with him to open the door but he refused to heed. First thing the next morning, he zoomed off with his car and had a ghastly accident on the way. He went into coma and eventually died. However, before he died, he was able to pray and ask God for forgiveness. He met an angel who told him that he could not go to heaven. He argued with the angel that he asked God for forgiveness before his death. The angel responded that, ‘God could not forgive you since you did not forgive your wife’.
Meanwhile, his wife refused to give up. She summoned intercessors who were praying for him to come back to life. Fortunately, at that time, Evang. Reinhard Bonnke was conducting a crusade in the Eastern part of Nigeria so the woman decided to take the corpse of her husband in an ambulance to the venue of the crusade and put him in the basement of the building. All of a sudden in the course of the crusade, there was a great commotion in the auditorium and on investigation, Evang. Bonnke was told about the dead man in the basement had come back to life!
We need to learn from this. Not everyone will be given a second chance like this evangelist. Please take note that when you hold someone in unforgiveness, you are not punishing the person, no, you are actually dealing with yourself. A local proverb says, he who holds someone down is also down! Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself. Release everyone and see the sweetness of it. I know that most people do not even know the spirit that propels them to act the way they do. Once you allow that demon in, it will begin to blow your mind and feed you with things that were never intended by the person in question.
Make up your mind that henceforth, you will not have time for bitterness. Repent of the sin of unforgiveness and ask God to help you – that bitter will not find any place in the garden of your heart in the name of Jesus.
Other agents of defilement include resentment, strife, envy, jealousy, malice and so on.
- Heavenly Father, please have mercy on me. In any way that there is strife, jealousy, envy, malice in any area of life, I ask that you cleanse my heart. I repent of these and ask you, O God, in line with your word to forgive me and cleanse me from every trace of strife, jealousy, envy and malice in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Remove everything that is capable of demeaning your glory in the garden of my heart in the name of Jesus.
- Make me holy, pure and acceptable to you all the days of my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Grant me the grace to grow in knowing you and in walking with you in the name of Jesus. Grant me grace for holiness, comprehensive and progressive sanctification.
- I receive your divine empowerment and supernatural impartation for holiness in the name of Jesus Christ, thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus mighty name I pray.
TO BE CONTINUED…….